Which streaming service do you prefer? Twitch or Mixer?

Daniel

I've had some headlines come across my news feed indicating that a fair amount of big Twitch streamers have moved to Mixer. Is there a reason this is happening do you know? Also, I've never used Mixer to know what's so great about it. Do you have a preference as to which platform you stream to or watch on?

Nova

A lot of popular streamers have moved to the mixer. The reason being Twitch treats male and female streamers differently. You as a male may not curse on twitch but female streamers can show their skin. So things like this are biased and not good for the branding for many streamers. So they are moving to family friendly mixer instead.

Nova

I just stream through streamlabs and simultaneously it syncs on other sites. The thing is that I prefer streaming is because I love to document what I am playing. This way I can clear the backlog and also remember that I did cleared it.

Gopnik

Some of them are getting paid to move to Mixer exclusively. And as another member mentioned above, Twitch isn't the same for everyone. It's OK for females to show their body but meanwhile it's totally forbidden for males to say a curse here and there.

I just stream through streamlabs and simultaneously it syncs on other sites. The thing is that I prefer streaming is because I love to document what I am playing. This way I can clear the backlog and also remember that I did cleared it.

could be a bit easier to just make a text list on what you cleared.

Nova

I think the point is having some sort of video log that people can see in the mixer or twitch. That's the point. I recently tested facebook live too. It was a good experience.

Paladin

Paradox of Nothingness
[edit: removed potentially controversial opinion]

xenonVirus. Sometimes I need to calm down before posting something to my computer screen... :confused:

Last edited:

Paladin

Paradox of Nothingness
I wonder what you wrote that was edited?

It's not as glamorous as you'd expect. I support Mixer against Twitch, but I decided to edit my post because some of the things I said about Twitch may have been a bit too far.

xenonVirus. I tend to get a bit worked up about things. Sometimes. :(

Last edited:

Nova

Haha. I know I posted about it earlier like those thots affecting the good channels. This is one reason I only support men on gaming channels. Lot of female gamers are just showing cleavage and destroying the streaming content industry.

Paladin

Paradox of Nothingness
It's also a double standard. An example of this:
  • Not Banned - Alinity, a female Twitch streamer who has repeatedly abused her cat on stream.
  • Banned - Dellor, a male Twitch streamer infamous for breaking keyboards, got perma-banned from Twitch for, get this, "threats of self harm." From breaking a keyboard over his head. Absolutely ridiculous.
xenonVirus. And Twitch wonder why some people may be moving to Mixer?

Last edited:

Nova

It's also a double standard. An example of this:
  • Not Banned - Alinity, a female Twitch streamer who has repeatedly abused her cat on stream.
  • Banned - Dellor, a male Twitch streamer infamous for breaking keyboards, got perma-banned from Twitch for, get this, "threats of self harm." From breaking a keyboard over his head. Absolutely ridiculous.
Yep. Imagine revealing cleavage and some form of nudity is never banned. In fact anything females do on twitch is never banned.

This is my bias opinion on the streaming service for twitch. Its community is large but congested a lot, I can't speak for mixer but I personally Love the community for twitch regardless of its issues. :)

Nova

This is my bias opinion on the streaming service for twitch. Its community is large but congested a lot, I can't speak for mixer but I personally Love the community for twitch regardless of its issues. :)
Twitch is definitely a large community considering it was one of the community outside youtube that only helped gamers. And the thing is that mixer is new and yet to be friendly towards the people and there is yet to have potential revenue earner.

Nova

Twitch only because it's heard of and I've used it before even though I don't use streaming services.
In that case try YouTube Gaming and Facebook Gaming too. Those two are the places where your page if monetized can earn more than the twitch. And in fact the amount of money earning from those two sources would be lot higher.

Aries

Administrator
Both are great but I hear/see a lot of Twitch streamers than I do Mixer. I would say the other streaming services are just as good, if not, better.

Nova

Both are great but I hear/see a lot of Twitch streamers than I do Mixer. I would say the other streaming services are just as good, if not, better.
These days most of the top creators are using the programs that can simultaneously stream on more than one place. Like say mixer and twitch at the same time. And other versions can be then uploaded to facebook and youtube. I think these days this method would bring in more value for creators.

In that case try YouTube Gaming and Facebook Gaming too. Those two are the places where your page if monetized can earn more than the twitch. And in fact the amount of money earning from those two sources would be lot higher.

Then those probably don't get the recognition they deserve. Mostly because twitch is the big player on the game board right now with Mixer trailing it. Also a lot of big game streamers are leaving twitch for mixer, seems Microsoft is handing out bargain-bin deals.

Nova

I think it's not about recognition or so. It is about the ads that earn on youtube and facebook vs donations or specific amount that can be earned on mixer and twitch. You earn very less on youtube and facebook through donations. So the difference in such platforms in monetization shows.

Juneberry

I've only ever used Twitch. I don't really know enough about Mixer to make a clear decision, but that's because I haven't felt a need to try it while using Twitch.

Nova

I think it all depends on the creators you follow. Some good creators are on mixer. And some content is good on twitch too. Apart from that facebook and youtube continues to have a good amount of content too.

Abizaga

I've seen twitch staff and moderators seem to show some very strong bias in descisions and banning people for misunderatandings so i would certainly say not there.

Nova

Yes the issue is that there are some people who got banned for taking lu break. And then there are female accounts that show skin and never banned. So it seems like there is definitely strong bias going on.

JustHatched

I've never uee Mixer, I don't stream often but it is with Twitch since my PS4 has that built in. I do have a capture card if I really wanted to stream somewhere else.

Nova

I don't show my face and that's how I view streams too. I think a lot of people watch for content. So they may not need the personality of streamer, though it helps when getting the views and donations.

Nova

I disagree. If the streamer never spoke, just watching them play would honestly get pretty boring pretty quick.
I guess must be MOBA thing that is where most of the streamers dont much speak except the guide and gameplay type video streams. Where even I have to say what to and not to do.

313s

I've had some headlines come across my news feed indicating that a fair amount of big Twitch streamers have moved to Mixer. Is there a reason this is happening do you know? Also, I've never used Mixer to know what's so great about it. Do you have a preference as to which platform you stream to or watch on?
To put it simpy most streamers at the top get contracts for huge money ie. Ninja. That is really the only motivation to change platforms atm.