Where do you check for gaming deals?

Gopnik

Trophies
There are a lot of sites which sometimes offer some amazing deals on video games which are definitely worth it. But it's important to know what you are buying and from where you are buying it. So gamers, where do you stop to check for deals on games?

I have a couple of places which I check regularly to see if anything interesting is going around. Humble Bundle and Kinguin, where Kinguin is a grey market area and it's not always sure that you will receive what you pay for. It's good to double check on the seller.

1. Amazon UK marketplace
  2. Gaming Retailers online and offline
  3. Physical Retailers such as Tesco
  4. Black Friday deals
  5. Honey - a chrome extension that automatically finds the best discount codes available for the product your purchasing

Normally steam is where i get most of my games now somtimes if i can wait for a game i will aim to wait for when they launch a discount, unless i really want the game and happy to support the development of the game i will bu it there and then.

Apart from world of warcraft as this is not on steam

r/GameDeals

A great place for deals.
I totally forgot that Reddit is another good place to check for gaming deals. If you didn't mention, it would have probably took me at least 1 month to remember. Thank you for sharing it!

Normally steam is where i get most of my games now somtimes if i can wait for a game i will aim to wait for when they launch a discount, unless i really want the game and happy to support the development of the game i will bu it there and then.

Apart from world of warcraft as this is not on steam
I also check Steam for deals. But that is usually when the Winter/Spring/Summer/Fall sale is running because that is the time when the real discounts are being shown. Otherwise, supporting the developers by paying the full price for the game is great if a person can afford it.

r/GameDeals

A great place for deals.

This is where I go and I've actually got a good few deals from there to be fair. I also check around the obvious times for when Steam kicks in with another 'take all my money pls' sale which always seems to come at times when my wallet is at its lowest. Other than that though before I buy any game I always Google around to see if there are any discounts and if I'm feeling lazy I just wait for HotUKDeals to pop up with something as it sounds like @Nerdface does too. :p

Besides their official store, do you guys use anything else to get your games? So far whatever I searched for was at a similar price and sometimes the store was even cheaper (unlike some PC games). I saw on TaoBao a chinese online store that you can get some for less, but not so sure if it's risk free lol.

Here's my advice.

1. Second hand amusements are usually cheaper.
  2. Or, you can choose to trade in old games for money which can be used towards your next purchase.
  3. Or, you can wait for Black Friday and look for decent offers.

Playing computer games can come with a huge price tag.

I don't spend money buying any in-game items as I spend on my skills to pass through some missions. This is something that I always look at when I am trying to get things done. If it is a situation where videos can be watched, I always make use of such opportunity as well instead of spending.

I think best option to save money would be doing the game shopping when there are bundles of games and the festival discount. Those days are lot better as the price of the game is reduced at that time. And you tend to save more on multiple games.

Purchase video games when they are on sale. For example, if you are playing on a PC don't purchase anything before the Steam sales. Also, don't buy the DLC as most of the time it costs more than the game itself alone. You can check also websites like Kinguin, G2A, etc. But they are grey area so it's not always sure that what you buy will work. There are ways to pay absolutely nothing for video games but it's illegal in most countries.

These days many game developers are promoting their games and offer discounts on stores like humble bundle. And it helps to save money if you purchase the games during this time. I have some level of success with some games on that.

For PC just look out for Steam sales, they are deadly for wallets.

For consoles, shop clearance sections at stores or keep an eye on ebay for a good deal at an auction type sale.

There's a couple of ways I try and cut costs with my PS4 gaming..
  1. Wait for sales on the PSN Store. You can almost guarantee that a game you want will be discounted eventually, and they're often cheaper than buying physical.
  2. Buy store credit from places such as CDKeys.com or Electronic First. You can often make quite a saving of around £5-£8 on higher value cards.

For me, I always try and cut costs where I can with respect to gaming. I've got no worries waiting ages for the latest blockbuster game to go down in price or even picking it up used at CEX (Used game/DVD store). I did that with RDR2 and I didn't feel like I missed out at all really. The only games I ever buy new are ones that I know I really, really want to have and play. If it's PC based games, I always head to places like CDKeys to try and pick them up for cheaper, why wouldn't you?

Buy store credit from places such as CDKeys.com or Electronic First. You can often make quite a saving of around £5-£8 on higher value cards.
I have to agree. I checked and compared some of the prices on the CDKeys. And it seems like the place has some good options. Though it won't be big savings. But much smaller and effective game media savings or say discounts.

Buy what you need and don't go experimenting with games (unless you can return them and get your money back). And when you do want to get a game, make sure you wait a bit until you get a good discount. That's the only real way to save money for gaming

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back