What's your favorite game soundtrack?

Camelie

Newcomer
Trophies
Music is a big part of building atmosphere in a game, and there are just so many games that are enhanced by their beautiful soundtracks. I'm partial to the music in the Ookami franchise, and the Legend of Zelda franchise's soundtracks. Then there's Utada Hikaru and her songs for the Kingdom Hearts games. I had those songs in my playlist for years!

What about you? Do you have any particular game soundtracks that you find breathtaking?

Ragnarok Prontera theme, it gives me a very different feeling or experience which I can't really explain. :D The music is so relaxing, it gives me chills, and it makes me feel like I am in the real world playing this RPG, feels like a real life adventure. :D

Legend of Zelda's franchise has handsdown the best soundtracks out there, in my opinion. Ocarina of Time is a favorite of mine, it gives me such a feeling of nostalgia when I listen to Saria's Song! ?
Metal Gear Solid, Castlevania and Final Fantasy had pretty good soundtracks too. And I remember really enjoying Prince of Persia: Sands of Time (GameCube) soundtrack.
Edit: I forgot to mention Cuphead's soundtrack which is really good and my current favorite.

Last edited:
For me, it's an "Honourable mention-world of Goo". Especially the final level of it is my favourite.

I'm going to accompany the colleagues who said that "Legend of Zelda" is the game with the best soundtrack. The sound of this game is something really unbeatable for the competition... The quality of work is just insane!

It's a work that borders on perfection in many aspects. I really like it.

I think for me it would be legends never die of Ligue of legeds! it seems to me an excellent song and to others very good animation!

The Super Mario soundtrack is a classic! Pretty sure when you hear it, you'll immediately recognize that it's from the game.

Kingdom hearts series, FF series, Legend of Zelda, Thousand arms, xenogears. A lot of games have really great soundtracks to listen to but as always I prefer the old games.

Ragnarok OST is so pleasing in the ears. If you can hear every Theme of the City is very relaixing . it is a musical theme.

I'm sure this one may get a few different opinions. :p

I'm always in awe at some of the work that goes into various soundtracks from games I've played. I do enjoy a good musical score. My aboslute best soundtrack though (and this will sound basic) is that of GTA San Andreas. The collection of music, the variety and all of that just work for me and it made an already great game that bit more magical. If we're talking 'original' music, the Skyrim V: Elder Scrolls score just sends shivers up my spine it's fantastic.

What soundtrack sends shivers down your spine or just makes you think hot dang that's amazing?

It's all about the 80's nostalgia in GTA: Vice City for me, the soundtrack makes that game.. :love:

I remember the soundtrack in Gran Turismo 3 being pretty decent, though it's probably not aged too well.

I generally love the music in Final Fantasy and Metal Gear Solid games too.

My favourite soundtrack is in Banished. It's very relaxing and can listen to it for hours while playing the game and it makes the time go fast before I realize that I have spent a few hours in-game. I used to like the Minecraft soundtrack before some years but now I find it annoying.

Sometimes i listen to mixes from Teminite, Panda Eyes (some dubstep)...
And very often i listen, and i like a lot, the Guardian of the Galaxy 1&2 soundtracks :LOL::D go check them if you like some good old school music ;)

Have you checked out spirits game? I loved the soundtrack in that game. It has soothing soundtrack. And it gets you to play without much stress. So something like that I may consider a good music.

I don't have a favourite sound track. Used to have Minecraft' theme tune as my favoured however now I just find. irritating. Sometimes music distractes me whilst playing...

I don't have a favourite sound track. Used to have Minecraft' theme tune as my favoured however now I just find. irritating. Sometimes music distractes me whilst playing...
I also used to like the music from Minecraft, it was very peaceful and relaxing but I don't find it interesting anymore. Anyway, music can distract people from the game but if you play a video game where you have to grind for something would you prefer to have music on or be playing on a complete silence?

I think homeworld and remastered version of the games definitely have good soundtrack. And overall in terms of the gaming performance those are good games from my observation.

Pretty much every Sonic game has a amazing soundtrack but Sonic 3K and Sonic CD (Japanese) soundtracks are the best. I also love Legend of Legaia's soundtrack too!

Many series have lots of great ost. From Zelda to final fantasy to trails of cold steel. I will say my most favorite so far is the dot hack music.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back