How do you cope with game addiction?

Problem occurs within ourselves because of the over exposure in gaming. Tiredness and laziness is always the best end result of gaming. It always give us the freedom and happiness. But it also destroy our mind and body in a long run. As much as we are mentally challenge but we are also morally affected. It is always better to have discipline in every aspect in life.

I think dizziness is one sign that needs to be watched out. You just can't expect the gamer to be full and well after playing the game. I'd say that people have to watch those headache and other symptoms. That definitely helps out in many ways. I'd say you should also consult the doctor in case if there are any issues.

When a game bores me to the skull, it's a good sign that I shouldn't be wasting my precious time on such games because the game was meant to add fun to my life and not bore me out. So, how the game affects me determines if I'm going to keep playing it or not.

A lot of times addiction has a phase. And as the trend goes down and people avoid the game. The same happens to the addiction. It's a phase and it continues to go down with the trend. except the addiction which is like internet, alcohol and playing games in general. those are harder to get out.

One effect that is very common with all games that are being played by gamers is addiction to such games especially when they are very interesting and intriguing as well as thrilling.

How do you cope with being addicted to a particular game?
The simplest answer to this question is to find another hobby, or better yet hobbies. Try outdoor activities, swimming perhaps, outdoor chess, cricket, baseball or even basketball. By the time you're going back to your house, you're probably to tired to play any video games. At first it's very hard to get a handle on it, but like any other addiction, recovery is a slow process, and begins with the first step.

There are lots of signs of gaming addiction, but perhaps it's not just addiction we should be worried about. Addiction is the final stage and when you're slowly edging towards it, then it's time to take a step back. Insomnia, lack of concentration, distractions and fantasies, poor eating habits, procrastination of duties and embracing a life cooped up in your apartment, with your blinds always closed, that is when you should start pulling back on gaming. When you find that you like staying indoors without any sunlight piercing through and ordering in pizza everyday, my friend you are one step away from becoming a vampire. Lol.

Well if you keep neglecting your duties and they mount up it's probably a sign that you play too much. I had that issue in school! :D

This is an absolute truth. If the games get in the way of taking care of the important responsibilities that you have to give attention, then it's indeed a very bad sign.

A debate with a mixture of views. No right or wrong answers, it's something to discuss which isn't a problem. Everyone is entitled to their own view and opinion on the internet!

Gaming addication can be only if you make a problem. Self control is key and vital.

A debate with a mixture of views. No right or wrong answers, it's something to discuss which isn't a problem. Everyone is entitled to their own view and opinion on the internet!
I never said anything to the contrary. I just observed what seems like a small group of people coming in with an agenda.

Gaming addication can be only if you make a problem. Self control is key and vital.
And this is why. Where does this line fit in with the conversation of the thread?

Anyway, I'm not going to discuss it further. Was just curious if anyone else noticed and saw the same thing. I'll just update my ignore list.

I think some people learn to lie if they are into gaming. Because they want more time for using the internet and gaming. You can also ensure that some of the jobs being dependent on the internet they tend to give excuses. So always going to give excuse and lies those are sure signs of the things that are wrong with the gaming.

The problem occurs when it affects the following

1. Sleep patern
  2. Eating habits
  3. Work or study commitments
  4. New health issues
  5. Tiredness, Dizziness
  6. Changes in mental health

maybe. I've just never seen people in any gaming forum bring it up. It almost seems unnatural to me.
And this is why. Where does this line fit in with the conversation of the thread?
Absolutely agree, and it's just not just limited to the 'game addiction' threads.. I have my suspicions about it all, but meh.

Absolutely agree, and it's just not just limited to the 'game addiction' threads.. I have my suspicions about it all, but meh.

I don't see how it's off topic to conversation but funny how mothers try to keep their children away from video games giving them 1 or 2 hours a day. Anyways there's nothing wrong with the topic of game addiction and I only saw one thread myself however I see how older people tend to look at these things. Thinking it's an issue if someone plays too many games. But what can we do...

Maybe I am wrong but I think it is only an addiction if you are putting gaming on top of other things that are more important like not taking care of ourselves (showering, eating, sleeping properly) or letting it get in the way of other responsibilities like our work, homework and stuff like that.

I hadn't really thought about if it is something commonly brought up in gaming communities. I'd imagine that as gamers, we probably have a bigger tolerance before we start to worry about if we're addicted so that is why usually there are not as many topics in other communities, or maybe it is something that it is being brought up more openly only in recent years.

I don't necessarily think every person is using "addiction" correctly, since I've seen it thrown around.

I have noticed the media seems to be pushing this every time a new game becomes a craze. I've seen short news on Fortnite and Apex Legends where the main focus is interview mothers that are worried their kids are spending way too much time in those games and neglecting homework and stuff. So maybe stuff like that has contributed to being more in our minds recently.

It is an interesting observation.

For me, I don't think gaming addiction is a big problem in the world. What I always think of it is that parents are trying to keep their kids focused on life goals which makes it look as if gaming is something that ruins life.

I play lots of games, but it does not stop me from doing the things that I map out to do on a daily basis.

I think the best way to handle addiction some of the time is replace it with any other form of the addiction. Like say addiction of the money, should be higher and then gaming should be next. That's how I am seeing the game addiction and the future ahead.

I think there are few guys who are making same threads all over the VGR and the Joyfreak. So they tend to have same subject title and even the question inside. It's reasonable to ask such question. But some members are just asking for the same of it.

I think there are few guys who are making same threads all over the VGR and the Joyfreak. So they tend to have same subject title and even the question inside. It's reasonable to ask such question. But some members are just asking for the same of it.

I mean I'm probably lobbed into your VGR/JoyFreak members who have done this in the past. I just happen to be a member at both forums (although I much prefer this one) and want to try my best to contribute here. Some topics will of course be the same between forums but I can't help but enjoy some healthy discourse anyway about the issue as it is a growing one I think anyway. Not a massive one, but certainly not one to be underestimated anyway.

Lot of good discussion are there. Not denying it but some threads are just rehash of the same made in the VGR. Which is not a good thing though. I am all for something new discussion.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back