What's the real difference between PS3 and PS4?

zezo

Newcomer
Trophies
I think there is no real difference. Its just that the developers wanted to make the games look better on ps 4.

According to Sony, ps4 is approximately 10X more powerful compared to ps3. In my opinion, Sony's claims are just good for marketing purposes only. However, ps4 seems better compared to ps3

If I had to choose, I would just buy the PS3 with a bunch of games.

You cant play any of the ps3 parts on ps4. On ps4 there is only one game and it kinda sucks. On ps3 you have ToD (my personal favorite), QfB, ACiT, which is probably best game of future saga, Nexus, All 4 One and Q-Force. Ofc there's Trilogy too but you don't need it since you have the ps2 parts. Well, I recommend ps3.

You can see the difference in some games more than others.. I think Tomb Raider is a pretty good game to demonstrate this.

I'm of the opinion that it's all about the game graphics and in game features that makes each console different from its former level.

The graphics level on Playstation 4 is very exquisite when it comes comparing it with other PS consoles.

To be honest the only difference with PlayStations I see is live support and most updated games. I still have PS2 and it's able to run only games suitable for PS1/2 of course. Same applies for others.

Even the console box design looks amazingly different and more fancy. The hardware gets better and more sweet to use. Talk about the wireless control pads, it's awesome.

PS4 is more powerful than the PS3 based on their architecture, we can clearly see the difference in their graphics ability. Another difference is that PS3 can play music CDs, while PS4 can't.

PS4 is better and more powerful but PS3 is also powerful. It runs some graphic demanding games fine, one of the best examples being The Last Of Us. That game looks great on both PS3 and PS4. PS4 has stronger CPU, graphic chip and more RAM memory.

PS4 has more improved graphics than PS3 and they have just increases the performance on the PS4 just like Niks Said.

I think the difference in graphics processing. The power of the CPU and the gaming graphics cards. And also some other configuration inside the box. Those things definitely make up for a lot of big change. In fact most of the people tend to find a lot more lag difference in both the boxes that are around there as well.

In my view I would say PS4 is more loaded and more powerful in comparison. It would be correct to say it's the updated form PS3 I think.

PS4 is more powerful than the PS3 based on their architecture, we can clearly see the difference in their graphics ability. Another difference is that PS3 can play music CDs, while PS4 can't.
Wow, the PS4 is six years old and I never knew this (I even Googled it to confirm!).. ?
lol, this would be like going back in time a little bit and saying, "ya man, my car has a CD player AND a cassette player ?

Other than power, the PS4 is easier to work with which I also find easier to use. I hope the PS5 is just as great as a console as PS4 or even better PS2.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back