Discussion What's the most you've spent on a gaming console?

Our PS4 packed in last Christmas, so we decided to spring for a Pro. It was pretty reasonably priced (I think £350 ish?) but that still makes it the most I've spent. Don't really have any intention of spending that much again; maybe on a PC one day?

I don't know technically, but I traded in an NES with like 20 or 30 games, an Genesis with 20 or 30 games, and an SNES with like 20 games to get a Saturn. And I ended up breaking that Saturn not too long after I got it.

If you count my current gaming PC, I think I spent like... around $1,600 USD for it a couple of years ago. Probably the most expensive thing I've bought period if you don't count student loans.

DAYUM! i wish I had that kind of money to drop on a computer.

Don't be too jealous, I'm poor as crap, that's way more than I've ever spent on a car. It was most of my tax refund that year. And I justified it because my old PC was starting to randomly power down and was just like a 10 year old piece of crap in general.

Last edited:
Hot damn. Bet it was worth the 600 though.

It was actually the only console I have ever owned that eventually broke. It got the Yellow Light of Death (YLOD) after about 2 years. It was awesome while it lasted, tho. I got the PS3 Slim after and that's still going strong.

It was actually the only console I have ever owned that eventually broke. It got the Yellow Light of Death (YLOD) after about 2 years. It was awesome while it lasted, tho. I got the PS3 Slim after and that's still going strong.
Only 2 years? Thats rough. What is the yellow light of death?

Only 2 years? Thats rough. What is the yellow light of death?
It was a build problem where circuits would eventually come free of the solder. The PS3 would not start up and you would get a yellow light.

Had this happen to mine and surprisingly, the hair dryer trick worked. This let me start the PS3, back up by games, reset the Hard Drive and then trade it in at Game for the slim.

I'm not really sure, to be honest. It was probably the PS4. I still haven't decided if I'll get a PS5 or the new Xbox next year, for Resident Evil Village. Well, I will quite possibly be getting a PS5, in case Naughty Dog does another The Last of Us game. Plus, there's a lot of speculation that Konami could make the new Silent Hill game a PS5 exclusive. So it's all a waiting game.

It was a build problem where circuits would eventually come free of the solder. The PS3 would not start up and you would get a yellow light.

Had this happen to mine and surprisingly, the hair dryer trick worked. This let me start the PS3, back up by games, reset the Hard Drive and then trade it in at Game for the slim.
Dayum that sounds like the kind of thing that shouldn't happen... like the xbox red ring.

I was lucky and am in the minority for this - but around $200 on a used but still fairly new switch. Got it off gumtree and the seller posted it to me safe and sound. I've heard gumtree is full of scammers so half expected it to go to shit, but alas

I was lucky and am in the minority for this - but around $200 on a used but still fairly new switch. Got it off gumtree and the seller posted it to me safe and sound. I've heard gumtree is full of scammers so half expected it to go to shit, but alas
200?? Woah what a deal! And there was nothing wrong with the device?

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back