Discussion What's the most you've spent on a gaming console?

22_22

Newcomer
Trophies
With the release of the PS5 later this year that potentially costs fans around £450, it is possibly the most expensive console a lot of gamers will have bought.

So what is the most expensive you have ever bought? How did it make you feel? Can you get similar feelings from a cheaper or used console or does it have to be this expensive brand new PS5, the day it comes out?

I honestly think that if I can't save that much amount for the PS 5 in december. I won't be buying the first build of the PS 5. Most likely the second quarter of the year would be for me to purchase the device. I have so far not purchased anything this year so yeah maybe I can go for the PS 5 soon.

5 hours once on Ps2 classic game. James bond game and since I didn't have a card to save my progress I had to redo it ever darn time LOL

Neo Geo systems used to start at $675 USD, and the games were $199 USD (and that's 1994 dollars, with inflation that's $1,167.79 and $344.28 in 2020 dollars)

The PS5 is definitely going to be my most expensive gaming console when it comes out. At the current moment, I think it's around £300 for the PS4 bundle that I got that came with a few games.

Either launch day PS3 or launch day PS4, whichever was most expensive. I think I bought an extra controller and 2 games with the PS3 with just 1 game and a subscription with the PS4. I don't think I'll be buying a PS5 at launch, probably wait until it has been out a while, built up a library and hopefully had the first price cut.

Close to $500 on my PS4 pro if I remember right. Money well spent as I'll still have my console for sometime to come.

Crazy how costy this crap is. I wonder if consoles were always this expensive.

Crazy how costy this crap is. I wonder if consoles were always this expensive.
First console my family had was an Atari VCS (probably 80/81). I think we paid something like £130 for this (bought it from my mum's friend I think with 2 extra games). Next console I had was a SNES in 1992, also about £130. Then an N64 (similarly priced), a GC (about £179 I think). Price madness started with the PS3.

My ps4 Pro was my most expensive console but it's probably the one I have put the most hours on so far although I'm considering going to pc when this gen ends.

I want to say the most I spent was around $500-$600 and I actually think it was on the PS4, maybe PS3. But it was a special edition Metal Gear Solid one, so I think it was a little more expensive. I'll probably end up getting the PS5 at some point, maybe not right away, but Playstation has a special place to me since it was my first console (after Sega Genesis).

£80 for a Wii U, though I traded up many old games and controllers to get it; so I probably got it for £20?

First console my family had was an Atari VCS (probably 80/81). I think we paid something like £130 for this (bought it from my mum's friend I think with 2 extra games). Next console I had was a SNES in 1992, also about £130. Then an N64 (similarly priced), a GC (about £179 I think). Price madness started with the PS3.
in 81 130 pounds would have been 445.21 today so its cheaper but not by much.

I'm going to have to combine some things, because it was a planned purchase by my girlfriend and I to get a bunch of stuff at once: PS4 Pro, along with PS VR with two of those wands, a charging stand for all of it, an extra DualShock 4 controller, and a charging dock that houses two controllers. That was all to replace our single PS4 with one controller, which we charged with a USB cable.

It was close to a $1,000, even with some small discounts.

WOAH! 1 grand! You must have been oretty dedicated to it.

Probably the original PS1 at release. It was only about £200 but that was A LOT of money when it came out. I think that, taking into account inflation, the prices are coming down.

WOAH! 1 grand! You must have been oretty dedicated to it.

We played some PS VR at a friend's house, and watched them play some games in 4K on their Pro, and realized we wanted that. We already had a 4K TV so at least we didn't have to spring for that too lol.

We played some PS VR at a friend's house, and watched them play some games in 4K on their Pro, and realized we wanted that. We already had a 4K TV so at least we didn't have to spring for that too lol.
ngl the vr on that thing looks sick and I would have probably done the same.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back