What's the future for 2D gaming?

Nova

Trophies
I am seeing a lot of games coming out in 2D graphics. I know mobile based games can be in monochrome too. And the thing is all comes down to the gameplay. But I wanted to know what could be the reason for increasing demand of the 2D graphics. Is it that these games are easier to play?

What do you think about games being released in 2D?

Not much if your referring to 2D basic art style games like Escapists. but I do think some of them have potential.

Yes there seems to be a lot of mobile games launching in. Though escapist type game do have their own type of the crowd pulling factor. But overall you'd be surprised the increase in the 2D games in the android.

3D can look great, but I feel things look really awesome in 2D if done well, 2.5D isn't bad either.

I think people like games what they played when they were young or started with gaming. In 1990 most games have been 2D and they were great. And even the first browsergames without any graphics were great in gameplay.

I think people like games what they played when they were young or started with gaming. In 1990 most games have been 2D and they were great. And even the first browsergames without any graphics were great in gameplay.
If you check some of the games in the android platform. Even 2D is as great as the 3D. in fact some of the games are so high quality you'd definitely love the way games are being built in 2D.

Indeed there are great games in 2D. But I prefer the casual games from hobby developers as they are not flooded with mandatory ads and IAPs.
Unfortunately the high quality games are mostly commercialized heavily.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back