What were the worst gaming launches?

Ash

Trophies
There have been some awful game launches in the past. I think Fallout 76 is the best recent example where people were just not happy with the state of the game. And I'm sure no one is going to forgot No Man's Sky. However, the developers for that game managed to pull it back and have an amazing game right now. What were some of the worst game launches for you?

Honestly, Fallout76 was what came into mind reading the title, so I guess that's one that's pretty much in the mind, the preorder bag being a completely different material, the game itself apparently removing parts of it to be sold, the measly compensation. It was pretty messy.

I also recall No Man's Sky was a huuuge disappointment at launch and people were making fun of the comparison between what they promised and what they delivered.

That newer Sim city game EA tried to make to have to be only online backfiring really bad with servers being so packed that for many days in a row players could not log in or do anything until they fixed that.

Should be noted that No Man's Sky has turn itself around is doing pretty well these days. But yeah, games are being rushed like WWE2020 game that came out recently.

I think only the Half Life Alyxx and the "Star Wars Jedi" those two games seems to be good enough so far.

I think only the Half Life Alyx and the "Star Wars Jedi" those two games seems to be good enough so far.

Fair enough. I do think that calling their game "Alyx" instead of "3" is a way for them to stop people saying "We want Half-Life 3 already!". And Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order isn't a bad launch at all, in my opinion.

xenonVirus. Turns out Valve can count to 3 after all... ;)

Last edited:
I hope the launch of FF 7 remake goes well next year, they had plenty of time to make a solid first part of the series.

Fair enough. I do think that calling their game "Alyx" instead of "3" is a way for them to stop people saying "We want Half-Life 3 already!". And Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order isn't a bad launch at all, in my opinion.
I think the issue with the naming is that just like we have with windows. we all thought it would be Windows 9 and they closed everything and kept all versions in the future as Windows 10.

I think the VALVE has their own share of the not following up with their games.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back