What was the most forgettable "hyped" game?

Jedi

Trophies
My vote goes to Anthem

220px-Cover_Art_of_Anthem.jpg

I remember how hyped everyone was for this game and from the moment it was released, it went downhill. What was the most forgettable "hyped" game of this generation?

Personally it’s Read Red Redemption 2. The level of hype for the game was insane. I bought the game day 1 and I’ve never been that disappointed in a game in my life, one of the worst and most frustrating gameplay ever.

I will also give a Runner up to Homefront.

For me, the game I saw get the most hype must've been that Destiny game, by Bungie or whoever it was. It looked awesome, at the time I remember lots of people nattering on about it and I did buy into the hype and got me a game on the order date but when I sat down to play it, it was just a bit..basic really. Didn't really capture me like the adverts did or anything like that. Now it just sits collecting dust on the wall. Where it should be at this point haha. Seems #2 was consigned to the same fate also.

View attachment 398

Personally it’s Read Red Redemption 2. The level of hype for the game was insane. I bought the game day 1 and I’ve never been that disappointed in a game in my life, one of the worst and most frustrating gameplay ever.

I will also give a Runner up to Homefront.
I guess it comes to personal preference. I loved the gameplay and the story. I do agree that the hype was crazy for it and it hasn't lived up to it as much now but that's mainly down to Rockstar. They really have been slow with updates and changes.

I guess it comes to personal preference. I loved the gameplay and the story. I do agree that the hype was crazy for it and it hasn't lived up to it as much now but that's mainly down to Rockstar. They really have been slow with updates and changes.

Yes I agree, it comes to preferences. Some people like you incredibly loved it. But in the end it was a much more polarizing game than what the review scores suggested.

hrmm, half life 3? People were hyped for it but now its just a distance memory.

Apex legend too got hyped a lot. And it ended pretty badly for them. Though both anthem and apex legends had good graphics and gameplay. But turn of events due to negative critics I guess.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back