What TV Show Are You Watching?

1677551712096.jpeg

Checking into Outer Banks S3E2 - The Bells
As her friends mount a rescue attempt, Kiara agrees to an uneasy truce with Rafe. A familiar sound grabs John B's attention.

7FDB5952-51BB-460E-B9F3-0301BC1BCDB5.jpeg

Checking into Outer Banks S3E3 - Fathers And Sons
Big John and John B pick up where they left off — for better or worse. Cleo and Pope form a new club. Rafe reconnects with Ward.

Mosquito Coast (Apple+ 2021-2023)- Walked into this blind, watched the first 2 episodes and I start out by wondering, why am I watching this family (2 adults, 2 children)? However, I quickly picked up that they are living off the grid in California’s Central Valley near Stockton, the father is technically brilliant, kids don’t watch TV, they get in trouble for using the phone, but then you hear about 9 identities. The NSA appears, and soon after that, there is what quickly turns into a dangerous road trip. Thumbs up so far. :D
…There is a movie too that came before this, did not watch.
Mild spoilers
Mosquito Coast
- 2 Seasons finished the series, thumbs up with caveats.
  • Some call it slow, at times it falls into a family drama/character development mode. Season 1 moves well, Season 2 builds and you realize the safe haven Alli hopes to find for his family is not what he hoped for.
  • The reason they find themselves on the run is revealed at the start of Season 2
  • What happens is explosive, some might say narratively convenient, even far fetched, but I could buy it. :D
Invasion (Apple TV 2022)- 5 episodes in, slow but well done, lots of character development. It tells the story from 5 personal perspectives around the world (Oklahoma, Long Island, UK possibly Scotland, Tokyo, and a US soldier and his unit in Afghanistan, hence it’s slowness. It takes 5 out of 10 episodes for an official announcement abiut “them” to be made. What I’ve see of the aliens so far is riveting. Apple has renewed the series.

As I’ve said, in any alien invasion story 3 possibilities:
  • Be our friends
  • Make us their slave,
  • Eat us or wipe us out. ?

Update: Finished Invasion, and in a nutshell despite having some great, but too brief moments, it relies too much on human emotion and contemplation, a ton of long shots of people’s faces as they contemplate their lives, and a wide variety of emotions, about what they should have done, who they miss, or working out, what is what and consequentially the story progression and because the story is split among 3 primary stories, you get little bits of each story as it jumps around frequentl adding to the feeling of slow. From a suspenseful action standpoint, the best single episode was episode 6 Home Invasion.

61C4F4EE-C5AA-42F2-BAE0-C5AB5644E41F.jpeg

Checking into Harley Quinn S1E1 - ‘Til Death Do Us Part
Harley Quinn is fed up being the Joker’s sidekick and strikes out on her own – determined to become the criminal Queenpin of Gotham City.

C27E5349-1695-498C-B156-5DA9700653CD.jpeg

Checking into Harley Quinn S1E2 - A High Bar
Determined to become one of the vaunted Legion of Doom, Harley attempts to make a big splash by crashing one of their criminal enterprises with the help of her BFF, Poison Ivy.

1. Breaking Bad (2008-2013) - A high school chemistry teacher turns to cooking methamphetamine to provide for his family after being diagnosed with terminal lung cancer.
  2. Game of Thrones (2011-2019) - A fantasy drama series based on the novels by George R.R. Martin, featuring power struggles among noble families in the fictional land of Westeros.
  3. Stranger Things (2016-present) - A group of young friends in a small town uncovers supernatural forces and government conspiracies while searching for their missing friend.
  4. The Crown (2016-present) - A historical drama series that chronicles the reign of Queen Elizabeth II, exploring her personal life and political challenges.
  5. The Mandalorian (2019-present) - Set in the Star Wars universe, this series follows the adventures of a lone Mandalorian bounty hunter as he navigates the galaxy's outer reaches.
  6. Westworld (2016-present) - A futuristic theme park populated by artificial beings becomes the center of a dark, complex narrative about the nature of consciousness and humanity.
  7. The Handmaid's Tale (2017-present) - Based on Margaret Atwood's novel, this dystopian series depicts a society where women are oppressed and forced into servitude in a totalitarian regime.
  8. Better Call Saul (2015-present) - A prequel to Breaking Bad, this show follows the transformation of Jimmy McGill, a small-time lawyer, into the morally ambiguous attorney Saul Goodman.
  9. The Witcher (2019-present) - Based on the book series by Andrzej Sapkowski, this fantasy drama follows Geralt of Rivia, a monster hunter with supernatural abilities, as he navigates a morally complex world.
  10. Ozark (2017-2021) - A financial planner relocates his family to the Ozarks to launder money for a Mexican drug cartel, leading to dangerous and unexpected consequences.

Actually, I am a music lover. I am watching music competition show and supporting Astroworld.

Three episodes The Last of Us (HBO 2023-) in, a thumbs up, recommend based on a caveat, you like Post Apocalyptic thrillers, in this case a fungus that infects humans and hijacks their brains. Their primary intent becomes to infect others, spread the fungus.

My wife says “just another Walking Dead”. She did not like TWD. That may be kind of true but these stories, besides the primary threat is all about what people do in response and to each other. Episode 3 was an outstanding story arc about 2 people who find each other.

The idea of traveling from Boston to Wyoming seems quite the challenge under the circumstances 20 years after the world wide breakout, which is where this story is set, with flashbacks.

3247B510-D838-4D12-A64D-03B229F2E2E5.jpeg

I finished watching The Last of Us. It was interesting, although I went through both parts of the game on my ps5

I would like to discuss the show The Last of Us with someone who played the game. I went through everything on PS4

250B984C-0C25-4500-BA90-236EC7F385B1.jpeg

Watched for the second time. I‘ve watch a lot of post-apocalypse stories, and among the many, this has to be the best with caveats, it’s slow, no zombies, if you don’t mind a story where multiple threads and timeline segments are woven and tied together, but imo it has great dynamics, the actor and the artist, some conflict and death, the Profit vs the Museum of Civilization, but this is minimized (aggravatingly so*) in favor of forging a narrative solidly based on character relationships and at the end, you just might feel you witnessed something special and emotional based on humanity and the good that can be found in us.

* I really wanted to see Kristen vs the Banditos. They give you a taste and then yank it away. :oops:

A lot of people love The Last of Us, I would love to see them make a tv series out of Red Redemption 1 & 2:love: a movie wouldn't be able to fit everything in so a tv series would be the best option!

Arrow.jpeg

Checking into S1E1 of Arrow - Pilot
After a violent shipwreck, billionaire playboy Oliver Queen was missing and presumed dead for five years before being discovered alive on a remote island in the Pacific. Back in Starling City, Oliver slowly reconnects with those closest to him. Oliver has brought back many new skills from his time on the island and manages to secretly create the persona of Arrow to right the wrongs of his family and fight the ills of society. As Arrow, Oliver will atone for the past sins of his family while he searches for the personal redemption he needs.

Arrow.jpeg

Checking into S1E2 of Arrow - Honor Thy Father
Oliver heads to the courthouse to get his death certificate repealed and is pleasantly surprised to run into Laurel, who is there prosecuting Martin Somers, a criminal with ties to the Chinese Triad. Oliver recognizes Martin's name from his father's book and sets his sights on taking him down. Martin orders the Triad to "take care of" Laurel so they send their top mercenary - China White - after her, an act that culminates in a battle between Arrow and China White. Meanwhile, Moira and Walter ask Oliver to take over the company.

arrow-jpeg.4275

Checking into S1E3 of Arrow - Lone Gunmen
Oliver is surprised when someone shoots and kills one of his targets. As his plan is to bring people to justice vs. outright killing them, Oliver doesn't appreciate the help and searches for the gunman. He soon learns that the man, Deadshot, is taking out businessmen who are scheduled to bid at an auction on an energy company and Walter is one of the bidders. Realizing he can't protect his family and stop Deadshot at the same time, Oliver enlists Detective Lance's help, but his plan has dire consequences. Meanwhile, Laurel and Tommy get caught in an awkward situation with Oliver.

Arrow.jpeg

Checking S1E4 of Arrow - An Innocent Man
Oliver still hasn't figured out how to get back in Laurel's good graces, but a late night bonding session with Thea gives him the inspiration he needs. Looking into a suspicious murder case, Oliver realizes an innocent man, Peter Declan, was framed by one of the targets on his list. As Arrow, he asks Laurel to help prove Declan's innocence. Meanwhile, Walter asks one of his employees, Felicity Smoak, to look into a $2.6 million withdrawal that Moira made without his knowledge.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back