Discussion What social media applications do you use?

DudeThatsErin

Newcomer
Trophies
I currently use Discord the most with FB coming in as a close second.

What about you?

I also use discord. It's a great piece of software. Nothing else, though.

I also use discord. It's a great piece of software. Nothing else, though.
Agreed.

Discord is amazing. I can't wait to see what they come out with in the future because Discord is one of the easiest platforms to use.

I use Twitter application alone other than this i don't any other social media applications

I dont inderstand social media lmao. I used to use the myspace app on my phone.

I stay well clear of social media. I have accounts, and I check on them once a year or so for the annual birthday nonsense from family and friends, but I loathe a centralized internet where so much of the internet's traffic is dedicated to only a handful of services, and therefore do my best to stay away from Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. I did sign up for Mastodon and Riot as alternatives, but I find I don't use those either. I just prefer forums and smaller communities, they're easier to get involved in and don't make your comments feel like white noise among a sea of voices.

Last edited:
I stay well clear of social media. I have accounts, and I check on them once a year or so for the annual birthday nonsense from family and friends, but I loathe a centralized internet where so much of the internet's traffic is dedicated to only a handful for services, and therefore do my best to stay away from Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. I did sign up for Mastodon and Riot as alternatives, but I find I don't use those either. I just prefer forums and smaller communities, they're easier to get involved in and don't make your comments feel like white noise among a sea of voices.
I agree. Its part of why I despise sites like reddit. They monopolized basically every aspect of the net from chat to forums to blogs.

I agree. Its part of why I despise sites like reddit. They monopolized basically every aspect of the net from chat to forums to blogs.
Exactly, Reddit tries to fill every void for every community or subject matter, and it's made itself a bit of a joke in the process. It's just pointless trying to interact in most parts of reddit because you're either going to run into a toxic environment where you get nothing but trolling idiotic responses, or you're going to post something and have it instantly disappear into the void of non-stop comments, as if you'd never bothered to say anything. Same can be said about Twitter and Facebook. Stick to the smaller communities, you'll find you can meet like-minded individuals and carry on a decent conversation with them rather than hoping to get some "up" votes and wondering what random people have said in response to your opinion.

I use Twitter, Reddit, Facebook, Snapchat and Discord. I tend to most of my time on Twitter and Reddit

Exactly, Reddit tries to fill every void for every community or subject matter, and it's made itself a bit of a joke in the process. It's just pointless trying to interact in most parts of reddit because you're either going to run into a toxic environment where you get nothing but trolling idiotic responses, or you're going to post something and have it instantly disappear into the void of non-stop comments, as if you'd never bothered to say anything. Same can be said about Twitter and Facebook. Stick to the smaller communities, you'll find you can meet like-minded individuals and carry on a decent conversation with them rather than hoping to get some "up" votes and wondering what random people have said in response to your opinion.
What pisses me off is that now I heard "Why bother using a forum when we have reddit". Reddit ruined the forum. Tumblr ruined the blog. Youtube ruined videos.

I use Twitter, Reddit, Discord, and Instagram. To be honest, I've stopped using Instagram for the most part due to the current world situation. After the 900th time I look at a surgical mask, it's not like it's photo-worthy.
Plus, being in quarantine means I can't take photos of anything. Except... my furniture? :ROFLMAO:
And my PS4?

What pisses me off is that now I heard "Why bother using a forum when we have reddit". Reddit ruined the forum. Tumblr ruined the blog. Youtube ruined videos.
I'd argue that Facebook groups ruined forums, but Reddit certainly hasn't helped the case. As for YouTube, well...yeah, gone are the days of things like YTMND and ebaumsworld. A real shame, since those early sites sparked a lot of creativity and new ideas.

Yeah facebook groups are also a serious problem. It kinda hurts watching the old generation kinda die and get controlled.

Twitter for posting automatic feeds, Facebook I don't use that much and then Instagram all the time to look at things and post.

Discord, yes I use it like forever :p meaning it's always open. it opens up when windows are turned on. I always get PMs all the time. Who doesn't use it LOL before that was classic old Skype Or Teamspeak.

Twitter for posting automatic feeds, Facebook I don't use that much and then Instagram all the time to look at things and post.

Discord, yes I use it like forever :p meaning it's always open. it opens up when windows are turned on. I always get PMs all the time. Who doesn't use it LOL before that was classic old Skype Or Teamspeak.
Oh my god teamspeak. And before Discord we had Xfire. Who remembers that?!

Oh my god teamspeak. And before Discord we had Xfire. Who remembers that?!
SInce the day DIscord came out, Teamspeak is changing. They are catching up with the times and already have the beta testing out. Some say it looks the same as how discord looks but not for free.

Oh yeah? How so? Is it adding video chat now or something?

Generally, I just use Facebook, but I've been getting back into Instagram and started with Discord recently. I like Discord because it reminds me of the chatroom days when that was a big thing. Plus, it's nice to have it connected to my forum as a secondary place for us to talk especially if we're all on and trying to plot for a roleplay.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back