What Movie You Watching?

The Magnificint Seven (2016)- Did not see this in the theater, let it slip by as just another remake, a remake of an excellent 1960 film by the same name, which was a remake of an excellent 1954 movie, Seven Samurai. This version was about a town in the USWest being abused by a rich industrialist. I’ll call it good and watchable, beautiful US Western scenery, while being a bit over the top, with some of the amazing shots that are made, and the numbers of hombres required to be killed, explosives help. :) I liked the cast, especially Chris Pratt who can inject humor while being dramaticallyq serious.

I’ll also take this opportunity to recommend Shane (1954) a good story about the cattlemen vs the settlers for a 10 second gun fight, and Unforgiven (1992) a depiction of just how sloppy gun fights more likely could be.

View attachment 4247
I agree, Pratt is good in this one. and Unforgiven should be on any western movie fans must watch list.

Enjoyed Pearl thought it had much more depth than X and another was Cocaine Bear which was not meant to be taken seriously so go into it with that in mind

Fried Green Tomatoes (1991)- My favorite movie set in the US South, human interest/drama, an outstanding slice of Americana even though it’s fictional, some truths are revealed, includes a murder, outstanding characters and is set in the middle of some ugly racial history, but is still charming and sentimental.

1C24C91E-8EA5-41A8-90D1-86586D7BCCF8.jpeg

The Night of the Hunter (1955) is my favorite US south movie
The Gothic alternative to It's a Wonderful Life

Nope (2022)- Nope. SciFI, alien in the desert, did not like how this story was told, some extraneous and bizarre involved.

9689447F-E6A6-4EAA-8890-5B827E041879.jpeg

Gunpowder Milkshake (2021)- Top notch cast. I like strong women and kickass fights but did not care for the coreagraphed fighting in this movie. It broke my suspension.

FCFDAB33-6141-4012-A969-6E1178097215.jpeg

Prometheus (2012)- I was really excited after first watching Prometheus, not only did I enjoy it as a outstanding prequel, I thought an exciting new path lay ahead “I’m going to find out why the Engineers want to kill us” but then in Alien: Covenant the door of epicness was slammed shut as Elizabeth Shaw was short changed in her ambition and the story became a convoluted narrative that was more frustrating than enjoyable or intriguing. Instead of the story focusing on humans and engineers, it became a story about a murderous, sinister Android which I would not mind that as a side show, but not the main event. :rolleyes:
i Just recently watched resident evil welcome to raccoon city

John Wick.png

Checking into John Wick
Legendary assassin John Wick retired from his violent career after marrying the love of his life. Her sudden death leaves John in deep mourning. When sadistic mobster Iosef Tarasov and his thugs steal John's prized car and kill the puppy that was a last gift from his wife, John unleashes the remorseless killing machine within and seeks vengeance. Meanwhile, Iosef's father -- John's former colleague -- puts a huge bounty on John's head.

fasthome_jpg_5704.jpg

Checking into The Fast And The Furious
Dominic Toretto is a Los Angeles street racer suspected of masterminding a series of big-rig hijackings. When undercover cop Brian O'Conner infiltrates Toretto's iconoclastic crew, he falls for Toretto's sister and must choose a side: the gang or the LAPD.

john-wick-chapter-2.jpeg

Checking into John Wick 2
John Wick is forced out of retirement by a former associate looking to seize control of a shadowy international assassins’ guild. Bound by a blood oath to aid him, Wick travels to Rome and does battle against some of the world’s most dangerous killers.

the movie pirates of the caribbean is my favorite movie to watch with 7 super attractive parts, i often watch at Mod with extremely attractive sound bridges

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back