What Movie You Watching?

Huntn

Newcomer
Trophies
Prometheus (2012)- I was really excited after first watching Prometheus, not only did I enjoy it as a outstanding prequel, I thought an exciting new path lay ahead “I’m going to find out why the Engineers want to kill us” but then in Alien: Covenant the door of epicness was slammed shut as Elizabeth Shaw was short changed in her ambition and the story became a convoluted narrative that was more frustrating than enjoyable or intriguing. Instead of the story focusing on humans and engineers, it became a story about a murderous, sinister Android which I would not mind that as a side show, but not the main event. :rolleyes:

5E9CDC7C-8C16-43E1-8FC1-40C97ED2C9BE.jpeg

Terminator 2: Judgement Day- (1991) a great classic SiFi story, but you need to watch the original first. :)

I watched The Menu with friends recently, it wasn't as scary as I thought it was going to be! I don't think it was a perfect movie, but something about it (maybe the people I was watching with) made me have an absolute blast with it. Worth a watch I think

Just watched Antman And The Wasp: Quantumania with the wife. Really enjoyed it!

Superbad.jpeg

Checking into Superbad
Two co-dependent high school seniors are forced to deal with separation anxiety after their plan to stage a booze-soaked party goes awry.

Hot Tub Time Machine.jpeg

Checking into Hot Tub Time Machine
Four pals are stuck in a rut in adulthood: Adam has just been dumped, Lou is a hopeless party animal, Craig is a henpecked husband, and Jacob does nothing but play video games in his basement. But they get a chance to brighten their future by changing their past after a night of heavy drinking in a ski-resort hot tub results in their waking up in 1986.

Hot Tub Time Machine 2.jpeg

Checking into Hot Tub Time Machine 2
After their first adventure with the "Hot Tub Time Machine," Lou and Nick are living very well off their ill-gotten gains, while Jacob still cannot rely on Lou to be a positive role model. When an unknown assailant breaks into Lou's mansion and shoots him, Nick and Jacob take him for another trip in the hot tub. They emerge in the year 2025, where they must figure out who shot Lou and prevent it from happening again.

Finally got around to watching Parasite last night. Banger movie, loved how long they managed to keep everything so tense for

American Gangster.jpeg

Checking into American Gangster
Following the death of his employer and mentor, Bumpy Johnson, Frank Lucas establishes himself as the number one importer of heroin in the Harlem district of Manhattan. He does so by buying heroin directly from the source in South East Asia and he comes up with a unique way of importing the drugs into the United States. Partly based on a true story.

Just watched Antman And The Wasp: Quantumania with his wife. The movie is very good, where do people usually watch it?

Checking into Lawless
Lawless%2BMovie%2BPoster%2B%2528Crop%2529.png

When the law became corrupt, outlaws became heroes.
In 1931, the Bondurant brothers of Franklin County, Virginia, run a multipurpose backwoods establishment that hides their true business — bootlegging. Middle brother Forrest is the brain of the operation; older Howard is the brawn, and younger Jack, the lookout. Though the local police have taken bribes and left the brothers alone, a violent war erupts when a sadistic lawman from Chicago arrives and tries to shut down the Bondurants operation.

Have you seen the latest Avatar? I love all of the landscapes immersives scenes!
I was dissapointed in the story and I am a huge Avatar original movie fan. In the first movie Jake asked for help from Ewa, and this is even a bigger threat to Pandora, so I don’t know how the writers thought that running away was a viable plan, unless they had given up. If there was some master plan, the writers might have left it out, but as such, it is left up in the air.

And I thought they overdid, relying on repeat phrases and such, to take you back to the first movie. Now, I think there are 2 more, maybe 3movies so things can turn around and turn into some huge mega fight. :unsure:

Just watched Antman And The Wasp: Quantumania with his wife. The movie is very good, where do people usually watch it?
I used to go to the theater for all Marvel Movies, but I may wait to stream this.

Just watched Age of Ultron (2015), Marvel in Phase 3 was in the ultimate groove

2011A4C6-CB3B-4207-92D3-3E4D5A3597A0.png

I was dissapointed in the story and I am a huge Avatar original movie fan. In the first movie Jake asked for help from Ewa, and this is even a bigger threat to Pandora, so I don’t know how the writers thought that running away was a viable plan, unless they had given up. If there was some master plan, the writers might have left it out, but as such, it is left up in the air.

And I thought they overdid, relying on repeat phrases and such, to take you back to the first movie. Now, I think there are 2 more, maybe 3movies so things can turn around and turn into some huge mega fight. :unsure:
I agree, I was disapointed by the story too. That sounds like a "lets reboot the end of the previous movie". However, I was really amazed by the landscapes. That's why I liked the second opus. I considered this movie not as a story master class, but as a wonderful 3D movie.

I agree, I was disapointed by the story too. That sounds like a "lets reboot the end of the previous movie". However, I was really amazed by the landscapes. That's why I liked the second opus. I considered this movie not as a story master class, but as a wonderful 3D movie.
The environment is stellar especially when you know this is a photorealistic digital world created from scratch, and that is a testament to Cameron’s creativity. When it shows up on streaming, I’ll give it a second watch. There have been times in the past where a second watch brings me around. :D

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back