What is the best way to find a job as a music composer?

cescmozotamusic

Trophies
Hey,

I am Cesc, from Girona. I am a music composer specialized in music and sound for film and video games.

I just wanted to open a discussion about the best way to get involved in a video game as a music composer or sound designer. Lately it's been so hard for me to find a job, and I think that it's been the same for a lot of music composers.
In my case, I don't know if it's because of my portfolio, my presentation, and so on. I let you a link to my portfolio so you can have some context. (vimeo.com/cescmozotamusic)

What do you think is the best way to find a job as a music composer or sound designer? Is it enough with a good variety of music samples? Or is there need of something else?

Thank you so much,

Cesc

Hello, I just want to give some a little idea about marketing yourself/work. Have you tried uploading a short clip of your work on the TikTok app?

I think the best way to get involved in the video game industry as a music composer or sound designer is to network like crazy. Attend conferences and events, connect with other professionals in the industry, and keep putting your work out there for people to see and hear. And of course, having a strong portfolio is essential. Keep refining and showcasing your skills, and I have no doubt that you'll find the right opportunity soon enough. Good luck!

Video gaming is a big industry and you can get a lot of work if you have ability to show your skills

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back