Discussion What Inspired: The Yakuza Series

FreeckyCake

Newcomer
Trophies
Hello everyone!

Are you interested in discovering what inspired a certain game? I have made multiple articles on what inspired certain games. Some of them are Jak and Daxter, The Last of Us, and the God of War trilogy. And today I did one about the Yakuza series. However, I'd like to know everyone's opinion about what could have inspired Kiryu-chan's adventures, the storytelling, the overall setting and the philosophy behind the game.

While it's universally known that Nagoshi Toshihiro is forever indebted to Yu Suzuki ( Creator of Shenmue) I wanted to dive even more into the matter. So, what do you think inspired the aforementioned? Let us know!

Here's my article in case anyone is interested
Thanks!

1uk1fdsqv5f21.jpg

I'm more curious how it's been going on for so long. Considering it's just a fighting game, you wouldn't think it do so well.

I'm more curious how it's been going on for so long. Considering it's just a fighting game, you wouldn't think it do so well.
According to the developers, it's a mixture of open-world, beat 'em up and RPG. I think that is the reason why it managed to stay this long. Oh, and I think with the appearance of the new Y7, and how successful it was, I believe there will be even more.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back