What horror games genuinely scared you?

Broken Shotgun

Trophies
I think Clock Tower on the PlayStation scared you very well. You were chased by a man with big scissors and had to hide, or struggle. You had no guns. The sequels were also very creepy. In one of them, you had to use holy water and fight the stalkers with a special bow, which was hard. They had a bigger health meter. ?

In Silent Hill 3, Heather walks into a room with nothing but a mirror. When you try to leave, the door is locked. Eventually, her reflection and the room starts to "bleed out" until you can finally exit the room. But oh man. That was intense.

Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare which I love, has things popping out of the shadows. It was a lot like RE2, as you could play a man or a woman, and they would end up on an island together, separated at first with infrequent reunions. You could use a radio to contact the other character for clues or updates. There was even a Nemesis-like monster that followed you around. ?

Now The Evil Within is very scary because a female creature called Laura corners you in a furnace. Maybe that was the boss fight I hated in the second one, but she was also in the first game as well. It's one of the best modern day horror games, but doesn't get much praise. ?

The Resident Evil remake from 2002 had the Crimson Heads, that were basically tougher zombies with claws that occurred if you didn't burn or decapitate a regular zombie. You could be moving past a previously downed zombie laying in a corridor, only to have it mutate and resume attacking you. These days, you just shoot stupid looking monsters with glowing orange dots that are more of an inconvenience than being scary. Meh! ?

Beyond that, Days Gone even had some scary moments, like when you and another guy are in a cave with nothing but flares for light, and you get Freakers attacking you. There's also big infected bears, and hordes of Freakers that can be overwhelmingly hard to eliminate. ?

A honourable mention has to go to The Last of Us because of the clickers. And most other famous horror games have their special moments too.

For me it has to be Resident Evil: Revelations 2 and The Last of Us, they had some scary moments. Moments that are unexpected and make you jump. The clickers were the ones that gave the scare especially when you are trying to stealth past them!

Resident Evil hands down made me hide behind my controller... the dog part always got me :ROFLMAO:

Resident Evil hands down made me hide behind my controller... the dog part always got me :ROFLMAO:

I think it's safe to say that Resident Evil is the winner here for the scariest game :D

I am afraid of DOOM game. Man once my friend was playing with speakers on and he was going cautiously suddenly some scary sound came and monster popped up i got so scared :D

I am afraid of DOOM game. Man once my friend was playing with speakers on and he was going cautiously suddenly some scary sound came and monster popped up i got so scared :D
Oooooo good shout DOOM is another classic ? I will also vouch that there are parts of the game that does mess with your head ?

I got scared by FNAF a lot the first few times I tried it.
I also tried Granny out for a bit, and one jumpscare made me throw my phone across the room. :ROFLMAO:

I still haven't played the DOOM game. I should probably get on that sometime.

With myself, it can only be Resident Evil: they had a few frightful scenes in Apocalypse 2 and in The Last of Us. Unforeseen moments that cause you to spring definitely caused me to be scared. The clickers were always the individuals that were overwhelmingly horrifying when you attempted to sneak past them!

I got scared by FNAF a lot the first few times I tried it.
I also tried Granny out for a bit, and one jumpscare made me throw my phone across the room. :ROFLMAO:

I still haven't played the DOOM game. I should probably get on that sometime.
Granny lol? What's that about!?

I recommend playing F.E.A.R but be warned not for the faint of heart lots of jump scares

I think for me it has to be "Home Sweet HOme" and the "Pamali". And there are few other asian horror games that got me scared too. I recently also checked out the demo of the residence of evil. The game seems to be pretty good on the sound and the ambiance as well.

I've only played one horror game in my life and that was Slenderman. I am never playing any horror games because I am way too scared of them so I guess Slenderman was the scariest game I've played lol

I've only played one horror game in my life and that was Slenderman. I am never playing any horror games because I am way too scared of them so I guess Slenderman was the scariest game I've played lol
Haha that is pretty messed up, has anyone tried using a VR headset I had one and played paranormal activity with wife and I lasted less than minute before handing it over and she completed it :ROFLMAO:

Oh yes! That's another one added to my list of scary horror games! I got this on my phone and it was SHIT scary!

I hope RE8 is as scary as Dusk Golem says it is.

I don't know what it is with Capcom outsourcing these games to this M-Two now. You feel like you're getting an interior experience. The series can only improve. ?

The Resident Evil 2 had a few moments that made me soil my pants :ROFLMAO:

Haha that is pretty messed up, has anyone tried using a VR headset I had one and played paranormal activity with wife and I lasted less than minute before handing it over and she completed it :ROFLMAO:
I think I might end up throwing the VR headset at the wall if I ever played a horror game with one lol

Oh yes! That's another one added to my list of scary horror games! I got this on my phone and it was SHIT scary!
Haha, glad I'm not the only one then. I would still much rather play Slenderman than any other horror game though. It's not too bad compared to some of the other ones out there.

Is the PS5 event really back on for this week? If that's the case, I hope we get some footage of RE8, and a release date.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back