What games were you not allowed to play as a kid?

Martin Berisford

Article Author
Trophies
To be fair, I had quite chill parents growing up as I wasn't really excluded from playing anything. I know for sure I was playing GTA London and going on murderous rampages at the ripe old age of about ten years old and I haven't grown up to be a vicious murderer so I'm sure I wasn't scarred by that experience.

What about you lot? Did your parents ever stop you playing something at some point?

I wasn't allowed to play Grand Theft Auto when I was like 10. I remember my mom saying I couldn't buy it or even play it at my cousins house. I had protective parents when I was young. They started laying back on that when I was about 15. Then it didn't so much matter anymore

To be honest, I wasn't really excluded from playing anything as a child. My parents were very laid back and cool. I can remember some great childhood gaming memories.

None. My parents were great and I was never banned from playing any games. I first played Grand Theft Auto when I was 5 or 6 I think at my cousins place and loved driving around the game. Not sure they knew about the 18+ rated stuff in the game though :D

Grand Theft Auto 4. I convinced them to let me get it, and then they saw the prostitute stuff and took it away lol.
F554351E-79B9-48E6-9278-57CC4743CCAB.jpeg

my mom didn't want me playing games like mortal kombat or GTA, I still kind of played them behind her back though :p

To be honest, I was playing whatever I wanted to play. My parents never said "you can't play that game because there is too much violence" or something similar. We all know that it's just a video game and no one will go shooting at people in real life after playing Grand Theft Auto on his PC or console. OK, some rare cases might occur but that is just the person itself.

Grand Theft Auto 4. I convinced them to let me get it, and then they saw the prostitute stuff and took it away lol.
Number one mistake LMAO. Did you visit them whilst your parents were there or did something come up by accident? I always avoid certain things when my parents are near.

I was still in the lower education level when I began gaming and it was not easy as there are days my dad will take hold of my video game for days stating that I won't play it till I am done with one task or another. Did you have such experience?

I feel like my generation was the beginning of the gaming revolution...at least on console. We would play for hours on end and often times through the night until early in the morning. I don't remember ever really having an issue with my parents, perhaps because it was all new and you didn't have people claiming gaming was not good for kids. On top of that, we all still made plenty of time to go do things outside.

Most of the time I had some specific amount of time allocated to the gaming. And it was not that easy for me to work with various games out there. So I think it was a good time as a kid and I loved having my parents giving me right space for games and study.

my parents really didn't want me to be playing violent games, but I still managed to sneak around them and play it.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back