What games do you love most that others don't?

CombatMatrix088

Newcomer
Trophies
Is there a game you love playing but everyone else hates? I personally feel this way about Terminator: Salvation (the video game). It's a third-person cover-based shooter set two years before the events of Terminator: Salvation movie (which I also enjoyed). I loved the post-apocalyptic atmosphere of the game and fighting Skynet terminators in the L.A. ruins. You play as John Connor, the future human resistance leader on a mission to rescue soldiers trapped behind enemy lines. You'll fight various killing machines patrolling the streets of L.A. while looking for survivors of Judgement Day (nuclear war). What made those fights interesting is that terminators feel truly powerful. You can't simply shoot them, bullets are mostly ineffective against them. Each terminator type has a unique weak spot. You must strategically flank them by working with your allies in order to destroy the machines.

At Terminator: Salvation release, people complained that it was way too short and that's true. You can beat it in 4 hours. In my eyes, that's the biggest flaw this game has, however that only confirms it was really good because you want it to last longer. Another thing people picked up on was the lack of variety of enemy types. You fight like 5 types of terminators throughout the game: wasps, spiders, endos, T-600, and in on-the-rail sequences moto-terminators as well as HK's. However, the lack of variety added to the realism of the game. Why would Skynet develop a large variety of terminators? It would make sense that it would save resources and just flood the L.A. streets with copy/paste terminators made in automated factories.

The game costed 60 dollars at the time of its release and it's definitely not worth that much. It had a short campaign and no multiplayer, even though it featured 2 player local co-op. Christian Bale didn't return to voice John Connor and the weapon variety could be bigger. But as I said before - these "flaws" of the game only point out that people wanted more of it because it was really fun and the way you had to fight enemies by exploiting their weak spots was unique. In the end, I'm not blind to the flaws of this movie-licensed game but they don't stop me from enjoying it. It's personally one of my most favorite 3rd person shooters. It had tension, it had post-apocalyptic atmosphere, it had the humans vs. machines sci-fi setting, I love it all.

Is there any game you liked but most other people hated? Share what that game was and why do you like it, despite its bad reputation?

I am pretty big into the mobile legends. And also I have been playing the EL CHRONICLE for some time now. And for some reason I didn't get much out of that game. Apart from that I'd say that mostly people are into the battle royale.

usually obscure jrpgs that people over look for more FPS games, like dot hack or neptunia series.

Brawl Stars. A lot of people nowadays think that it's a dead game, but I still like playing it from time to time.

xenonVirus. I like playing dead games.

Last edited:
Alone in the Dark: Jack is Back.

I don't think anybody cares a great deal about that one. :oops:

I wouldn't say hate but I do think that the Crew 2 isn't appreciated as much. A few players that enjoyed the Crew thought that the first installment did certain things better whilst others just don't see it as being a good racing game. Personally, I love the game. The racing is a nice aspect but for me, the open world experience is what I love. It's just so relaxing to drive around the map in your favourite car.

Nova
Slightly ashamed to admit that I barely remember it either. :(

xenonVirus. I must confess that over the years, I have forgotten the names of many games.

Last edited:
I think some horror games come pretty quickly and often their sequels don't make it up in market.

ScarFall - The Royale Combat
Looks like Rules of Survival. A free battle royale game originally meant for mobile but available on PC. I enjoyed it at first, but then it got flooded with hackers and the updates made the characters look ugly. Dropped it. Funny enough, but it was the only battle royale I enjoyed playing.

Looks like Rules of Survival. A free battle royale game originally meant for mobile but available on PC. I enjoyed it at first, but then it got flooded with hackers and the updates made the characters look ugly. Dropped it. Funny enough, but it was the only battle royale I enjoyed playing.
Glad to know you played already, But recently many updates have been released and new modes are also on the way.

I'd say The Evil Within is a way better game than the Resident Evil 2 remake, yet I know many people are more into the latter.

Rygar for the NES.

Δ That's a gameplay I found of it. In case you're curious.

I grew with this game. It was a nice adventure game that kind of reminds me of The Legend of Zelda franchise before I knew it existed.

Some of the people that remember people from the arcade, don't really like this one.

Most people I've showed it, even if they are retrogamers don't really see much in it.

There are a few childhood games that I really enjoyed and thought they were pretty nice, only to discover that people either hadn't heard of them or they had and the consensus was that it was a bad game.

I know I am not crazy. I am sure there was an adventure game for Xena: the Warrior Princess for the PlayStation. I know I enjoyed it and I found an easter egg in a dungeon or cave, where you could go through a fake wall and discover a room with computers and people, like the developer's room. I was too young to get it. I also recall the first mission was saving villager held hostage by throwing your chakra, basically showing you how to aim. Back then I loved Xena and so this game was "cool", but I have the feeling that it was probably not that great since it seems not many people know about it. ?

More on the topic though there's Rygar for the NES. People that remember a videogame called 'Rygar' know the arcade, which was brutal. The NES is instead an adventure and a lot easier to deal with in comparison. For me, it is an awesome game that had some of the elements I love from the Zelda formula before I even knew the Legend of Zelda games existed. The boss fights were fun and hard. I have played it a few years ago and finally completed it and man, that last boss was very hard. I still think it is a very good game, but every time I have tried to show it people are pretty unimpressed by it, to say the least. Haha.

Last edited:
Most of my friends never loved the "Return to Castle Wolfestein". And also not a lot of them liked the serious sam series. And that tells you people have different taste around me.

I could basically claim the entire Sega Saturn library given how badly the Saturn failed, but it was such a great (and vastly underrated) console.

I'd say the original Fable is a good one, it was built up so much by Peter Molyneux that everyone went in expecting a revolutionary game (even code named Project Ego), filled with so many promises about how the game would change and adapt to your play. Unfortunately the Xbox technology at the time did not allow for most of those promises to be fulfilled, and so what we wound up with was about a third of what Molyneux promised. It's still a fantastic game for its' time, though a bit short, but it was very hated by reviewers because of the way it was built up. The same thing happened for 2 and 3, with Molyneux promising the world, but all of the Fable games were actually really solid games, they just suffered from poor promotion.

Also the original Prey was a good game that didn't get much traction.

I love Osmos game (iOS) but somehow most people I know don't really care about it.

The design, the sound/music, the interaction; it is just an amazing game to play.

i dont like boxing and that kind of games, they are strange and ...i just dont like them

I love Osmos game (iOS) but somehow most people I know don't really care about it.
The design, the sound/music, the interaction; it is just an amazing game to play.
I think it is a good game but problem is that it has only one platform as of now. If it goes on console and PC, it would surely get more people to like it. Because the concept behind and the graphics is good.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back