What games bored you at first but eventually got you on-side?

Martin Berisford

Article Author
Trophies
For me, I've bought a lot of games that I started to regret within the first hour of playing them but after sticking with them, they became great games that I still love to this day. For me, it's generally big open-world games like Skyrim/Fallout that get me bored. It's just a slow start for me really that gets me thinking oh god why did I buy this but once you push past that initial stage they get to be amazing games. Skyrim in particular I bloody love.

What about you? Do you feel this way about any games?

I thought about RPG games boring me at first. I never thought I'd be playing them with serious thought. And then few days back I kind of developed some interest in them. And so far they seem to be a lot better for me to play. I think I'd stick with this genre for some time.

Might not be the best example but I guess I could say Red Dead Redemption 2 for me. It's not that I was seriously bored at first but the starting missions felt a bit long. And then the more I played it, the more I loved it!

Might not be the best example but I guess I could say Red Dead Redemption 2 for me. It's not that I was seriously bored at first but the starting missions felt a bit long. And then the more I played it, the more I loved it!
I'm defo on the bored stage of RDR2 at the moment lol. I've just bought Middle Earth: Shadow of War though so hopefully that'll keep me going for awhile.

I haven't played the game in a lot time since I finished the story and played a bit of the online mode. Online is completely boring compared to GTA Online and the lack of DLC for story mode is sad really.

I don't usually buy games if I'm not familiar with them and I don't know for sure that I will like them. I do have brothers though and they have a lot of games that I don't. When we get together we sometimes game and I realized that Mario Kart really bores the crap out of me. So does Mario Party. Really anything that's Mario. Once I get into it though I become obsessed. It's one of my favourite game series ever.

I started playing Ad cap few years back - started playing it according to a friend recommendation. Game was nothing special at start, but it's now about 3 years from that time and I've stayed playing those kind of games.

Now, I'm playing War Clicks - also was a bit boring at some points when I hit some bigger progression walls, but at the end hooked me and have now been playing it for over a year and progressing through those military ranks. This is my recommendation to those who'd like to have fun playing games when they have some free extra time.

Honestly, I couldn't understand Mario Galaxy when I first played it. It seemed bizarre. I mean, you're just thrown on this planet with bunnies and stuff, lol. However, though, later on, once I bought the game for myself, I found it was one of the most fun games ever made!

Well, who has had a similar experience with that one? Anyone have this experience with a game similar to that one? Anyhow, as for the games Paper Mario and Rayman - I found no interest in them, but possibly a cheat guide would have gotten me thru Paper Mario (the first level). Well, the situation with Paper Mario seems kind of pathetic - but it just seemed to be a brick wall there!

At first fighting games, you kind of just do the same thing on the same screens over and over. But it gets better when you get others to play.

Honestly, League of Legends.

I was someone who played MMORPG's almost exclusively so the idea that someone could play the same game mode over and over and over again with not much changing. Limited lore or world to explore.

I was puzzled at how such a game could be so popular, needless to say that almost eight years on and I'm still playing the game. Granted notas much but I do still like it.

Not a fan of SJW games but I think I'd only play them as far as the gaming experience is concerned. That's what attracts me the most in that context.

Not a fan of SJW games but I think I'd only play them as far as the gaming experience is concerned. That's what attracts me the most in that context.
What are a couple examples of the SJW games you're mentioning here? I'm just wondering because a crazy part of me wants to see if I've got one and play it so I can get an idea of what you're on about haha. In those games, do you just basically ignore the dialogue/whatever is the SJW part and just 'enjoy' the actual game itself then?

The first game that I can legitimately say I was bored at first with, would be Sim Cities 2-4. Those games are pretty slow going at first, but they get enjoyable and fun once you get to a point where you can sit back and think of ways to modify what you have setup without issue. I mean, I enjoy building small to large cities, but setting everything up initially for the city based on how I want it to look, can take quite a bit of time, which can be rather boring during those initial setup phases.

What are a couple examples of the SJW games you're mentioning here? I'm just wondering because a crazy part of me wants to see if I've got one and play it so I can get an idea of what you're on about haha. In those games, do you just basically ignore the dialogue/whatever is the SJW part and just 'enjoy' the actual game itself then?
Have you played Horizon which was pure attempt at SJW pleasing. The thing about the SJW games I am referring to are kind of modern where the narrative is rewritten and some aspects of female characters are manipulated to suit modern agenda. You can't play by ignoring the SJW part and play the game, if that were to be the case, same applies to SJWs who wants their agenda in games. I can't stand that honestly.

Have you played Horizon which was pure attempt at SJW pleasing. The thing about the SJW games I am referring to are kind of modern where the narrative is rewritten and some aspects of female characters are manipulated to suit modern agenda. You can't play by ignoring the SJW part and play the game, if that were to be the case, same applies to SJWs who wants their agenda in games. I can't stand that honestly.

Nah I haven't played Horizon, do you mean Horizon Zero Dawn? I can understand where you're coming from though. Don't get me wrong, I support equality and all that but equally it's bloody annoying having to hear about it all the time. Just get on with it, I'm sure 98% of people in the world are happy for women to be equal to men, for LGBT to be equal to straight peeps. No need to make a fuss, just get on with it in my books. I do hate (but also enjoy) the cringe jokes and remarks I've seen in movies recently haha as you've said, just to suit some kind of agenda. It's cringe as hell but funny to watch.

Nah I haven't played Horizon, do you mean Horizon Zero Dawn? I can understand where you're coming from though. Don't get me wrong, I support equality and all that but equally it's bloody annoying having to hear about it all the time. Just get on with it, I'm sure 98% of people in the world are happy for women to be equal to men, for LGBT to be equal to straight peeps. No need to make a fuss, just get on with it in my books. I do hate (but also enjoy) the cringe jokes and remarks I've seen in movies recently haha as you've said, just to suit some kind of agenda. It's cringe as hell but funny to watch.
I disagree with 98% stat though. It's not funny anymore seeing the world getting destroyed by them. And the so-called peace and equality hidden behind some agenda. Then again each to their own. You like tolerance to those and I don't. Each to their own as they say.

The first time that I played Top Eleven football manager game on Mobile, it was not something that was easy as that was my first experience playing such games. I am glad that I had a lot of improvements afterwards and that made me to keep playing the game even to this moment.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back