What games bored you at first but eventually got you on-side?

marteebe

For me, I've bought a lot of games that I started to regret within the first hour of playing them but after sticking with them, they became great games that I still love to this day. For me, it's generally big open-world games like Skyrim/Fallout that get me bored. It's just a slow start for me really that gets me thinking oh god why did I buy this but once you push past that initial stage they get to be amazing games. Skyrim in particular I bloody love.

What about you? Do you feel this way about any games?

Nova

I thought about RPG games boring me at first. I never thought I'd be playing them with serious thought. And then few days back I kind of developed some interest in them. And so far they seem to be a lot better for me to play. I think I'd stick with this genre for some time.

Ash

Might not be the best example but I guess I could say Red Dead Redemption 2 for me. It's not that I was seriously bored at first but the starting missions felt a bit long. And then the more I played it, the more I loved it!

OP
OP
marteebe

marteebe

Might not be the best example but I guess I could say Red Dead Redemption 2 for me. It's not that I was seriously bored at first but the starting missions felt a bit long. And then the more I played it, the more I loved it!
I'm defo on the bored stage of RDR2 at the moment lol. I've just bought Middle Earth: Shadow of War though so hopefully that'll keep me going for awhile.

Ash

I haven't played the game in a lot time since I finished the story and played a bit of the online mode. Online is completely boring compared to GTA Online and the lack of DLC for story mode is sad really.

Jerlene

I don't usually buy games if I'm not familiar with them and I don't know for sure that I will like them. I do have brothers though and they have a lot of games that I don't. When we get together we sometimes game and I realized that Mario Kart really bores the crap out of me. So does Mario Party. Really anything that's Mario. Once I get into it though I become obsessed. It's one of my favourite game series ever.

jimx1

I started playing Ad cap few years back - started playing it according to a friend recommendation. Game was nothing special at start, but it's now about 3 years from that time and I've stayed playing those kind of games.

Now, I'm playing War Clicks - also was a bit boring at some points when I hit some bigger progression walls, but at the end hooked me and have now been playing it for over a year and progressing through those military ranks. This is my recommendation to those who'd like to have fun playing games when they have some free extra time.

Reactions: Carbon