What Game Takes You Back to Your Childhood?

twistery

I'm curious to know what kind of games y'all played as little kids. For me it was Carmen Sandiego, Pajama Sam, Tut Tut Saves the Zoo, The Sims, Roller Coaster Tycoon, Civilization III, I could go on forever. What are some of your most nostalgia-inducing games?

missbibimbap

For me, the one game that takes me back to my childhood will always be the Super Mario Bros. game. That game really occupied all my free time, and night time when I was still the pajama wearing, teddy hugging kid. Just last week while I was visiting some friends with kids and they were playing this game console of some sort, I was able to play the Mario game again and it still excites me. That game is a classic, that much I can say.

OP
OP
twistery

twistery

For me, the one game that takes me back to my childhood will always be the Super Mario Bros. game. That game really occupied all my free time, and night time when I was still the pajama wearing, teddy hugging kid. Just last week while I was visiting some friends with kids and they were playing this game console of some sort, I was able to play the Mario game again and it still excites me. That game is a classic, that much I can say.
my first console was an N64, and the only games I had were California Cruisin' and Donkey Kong, haha. I remember those being the very first games that I loved to play over and over.

Mine is WOW very classic, played it since elementary but until now I still play it.
Wow! (pun intended) that's amazing. It's never gotten boring for you?

rheez95

The game that takes me back to my childhood is Super Mario. It has a cute design and simple game mechanics. The graphics back then is not good. Still, I get to enjoy this game so much.

I'm curious to know what kind of games y'all played as little kids. For me it was Carmen Sandiego, Pajama Sam, Tut Tut Saves the Zoo, The Sims, Roller Coaster Tycoon, Civilization III, I could go on forever. What are some of your most nostalgia-inducing games?
It when I play Super Mario, Battle City and Karateka that I remembered my childhood memories. Now that I am older I love to play farm games like Farmville. I have also played Red Alert 2 and Stronghold Crusaders.

Caguioa747

for me, super mario. nothing can beat that game. i miss playing it and saving the princess from the boss monster.haha. the pther games that i miss is islander and contra and sonic too.

for me, super mario. nothing can beat that game. i miss playing it and saving the princess from the boss monster.haha. the pther games that i miss is islander and contra and sonic too.
I played contra also before. This is good for two players. I really admire how my cousins play this game. They can beat the big boss.

The game that takes me back to my childhood is Super Mario. It has a cute design and simple game mechanics. The graphics back then is not good. Still, I get to enjoy this game so much.
The same is true with me. I was glued with this game before. My savings were all gone because of playing this game when I was in my high school.

kjbotona23

For me, it is Super Mario Bros. Nothing can beat this game. Even until now. Though, graphics is not really good if you compare it with computer games in this generation. But when I was still in elementary this is the best game I ever played. I can’t stop playing on it. I got addicted to it and all my saving were gone because I always go to computer shop every after school time.

For me, it is Super Mario Bros. Nothing can beat this game. Even until now. Though, graphics is not really good if you compare it with computer games in this generation. But when I was still in elementary this is the best game I ever played. I can’t stop playing on it. I got addicted to it and all my saving were gone because I always go to computer shop every after school time.
That is super true. Nothing can beat this game. it takes me back to my high school days. Me and my classmates were playing this game during our lunch time.

I also remembered playing the pacman game. I like it when pacman eat the big dots on the corners. Pacman will not die when he was touched or cornered by the ghosts that is always chasing him.

I agree with your answer. Super Mario Bros. game is also my early favorite Nintendo games. It was super addictive computer game.

Heatman

There are so many of them but I'm only going to be mentioning a few of them. They are ;

Mario.
Contra
WWF
FFI

krcl

I am not sure if anyone will know this game but I am a fan of the PC game called Praetorians. It is a real time strategy game. I believe it is still available on steam but do not expect for great graphics because it was released way back in 2003.

Heatman

I agree with your answer. Super Mario Bros. game is also my early favorite Nintendo games. It was super addictive computer game.
Super Mario is a great game back then when men were just boys or kids. We all sure did enjoy the game back then as it made our lives fun and exciting.

mhingnhormz

It was the Super Mario! I use to play this before with my younger brother and cousins in our home. It was one of our bonding time aside playing oitside the house espicially if the weather is not good and we don't have a choice but to stay inside the house. It was a n addicted game also for me so our mother implement a rules in our home in terms of playing this kind of game.

chi92

Super Mario and nothing else! The arcade version from Sega :D I loved that game, my entire family loved that game. We were all playing it and we were getting mad over it when we couldn't get through the level ? Good times! Later I evolved to Super Mario 3D when I bought Nintendo. Some of the best in-game time ever spent, loved it. Damn, I'm thinking to install it again, right now ?

Camelie

Final Fantasy VII. I had a poor grasp of tactics back then, but there was just something about the game that had me powering on. It certainly helped that the characters were mostly memorable, and I couldn't help but want to learn where the story would bring me. The graphics are a joke by today's standards, but it's a classic that brings me back to my childhood.

wallet

When I was a small child and this is more than 20 years ago in my country the communist regime didn't allow us to have PC or advanced toys that exist today, I could say that when I was a child the ball to play football was the only toy I had.

GioMatos

My brother got me really into playing The Sims back in 2001, when it first came out. I've been playing it constantly ever since! It never bores me, especially when you have all of the expansion packs, there's so much you can do! Of course I also played most of SNES and Sega Genesis games back in the day. There was this one called TwinBee which I really loved, it was so girly and cute!

OP
OP
twistery

twistery

When I was a small child and this is more than 20 years ago in my country the communist regime didn't allow us to have PC or advanced toys that exist today, I could say that when I was a child the ball to play football was the only toy I had.
What was the first video game you ever played?

dzonyfox2

Old PS1 games! Like Crash Bash, Crash Bandicoot, Twisted Metal... Also Tekken on PS2... These games always remind me of my childhood.

Jelineex

It is Super Mario Brother game that keeps my childhood memory. I am always excited to play and interact with this game. I like it's simple animation and adventure. Each level gives me excitement and difficulty. I love the challenges including the chaos/arguments with my cousins. It was difficult to start the game in a peaceful manner because of rivalry. I need to be competitive among others. It was a survival game. (Ha.Ha.Ha.)

charmania

All I can remember from my childhood is Super Mario game. I remembered all of my cousins were addicted into that game until I became one to. We use to tease each other whenever one loses while the winner gets the upperhand. It was such an amazing game.

jpk0007

Well, the first game that I ever played on my computer was Tetris when I was in the school. I used to spend hours playing this game those days. Even now sometimes I feel the urge to play Tetris and when I play it it does take me back to my childhood and my school days.

theresajane

Mine would always be the game on my Nokia 1100 back then, Space Impact. I remember begging my sister to make her lend her cellphone to me, until she finally had her new phone and gave the 1100 unit to me. I must say that I was one of the aces in the game. It's hilarious, but yes. I was still young back then, anyway.

kxiv

Super Mario games take me back to my childhood. I remember watching my uncles play because I was too young to play the games. As soon as they turn on their console I'd run into their room and sit myself on the floor and watch the whole time.

JPAN18

For me, arcade game such as Super Mario will bring me back to my childhood. I can still remember that the first gaming console that my parents bought me is the Gameboy which is in still black & graphics and I played Super Mario. I am spending almost wholeday by playing it and almost every week I am asking my mother to buy a AAA battery for my Gameboy ? . Super Mario is the best arcade game I ever played in my life.

Marako0406

There are a lot of 16 bit games that I used to play when I was little. Super Mario Bros. was the most played game with my siblings, we really can't get enought of it until we get exhausted and tired. There are other games I remember like Contra, Island Adventure, Mappy, Donkey Kong and Poppeye that makes us spend most of the day infront of the tv plugged in with play station.

Mora

Probably Pes 2003 not that it is special in any how, I just have good memories with it, just that careless mind of kids nothing to stress about, as soon as we start to play we create our own world that we control, like a safe zone, I use to play it with my cousin and friends for hours, we chat with each other when not playing we literally discuss nothing just cartoons and creepy dreams but it feel so good and free.

Bergstein

This is going to date me, but my favorite game as a child was pac man and frogger! I still have a plug and play version of both of these that I dig out every now and then to show my kids friends when they're over. Very old school, but still cool, in my opinion. :LOL:?:devilish:

Nova

I mostly remember the old arcade games. And those games if I play on the console definitely brings back a lot of memories. I can tell you that those are some days I just cant forget. And especially the time when I had those old consoles where SEGA had like 100 games in one disc sort of offer.

I think impossible I talk about another game if not Super Mario. I say this because a good part of my childhood comes down to this game and its ramifications (like Mario Kart, for example).

It's impossible to count the hours I invested playing in this game, haha! I was really addicted to it.

drickxandrea

GBA games. I like role playing games when i was a child. I also tried making missions for one of my classmate in a piece of paper, like a maze where in you must not be killed by monsters. It was very fun, and I really wish I could take back time to the good old days.

Lizardbro

I think one game that really takes me back to my childhood would be Pokemon FireRed. I still have the game and my gameboy and remember how addicted I could be at it at times.

Matt C.

Star Wars The Old Republic. I played that game every day after middle school and high school for about 4 years.

Reactions: Carbon