What features were oddly missing from consoles/hardware?

Martin Berisford

Article Author
Trophies
When you think back to consoles, maybe some came with some odd features that should've been standard or some startling omissions that can't really be explained. What are a few of your odd choices/missing features/blunders that you can think about?

For me, it was a constant source of fustration that back in the good old days, Microsoft seemed to limit increasingly common apps like Netflix, Youtube and so on behind a paywall of having to be a Gold member. Like why should I have to pay for Gold membership when all I want to do is kick back and watch some videos on my own dang console/TV? It just seems like a really odd thing to implement considering how standard it is now for these apps to be essentially free access to all.

What are your thoughts?

Backwards compatibility on the PS4 was quite an annoying thing especially since the Xbox One got it. It would have been amazing to play GTA 4 on the PS4 but here we are. I'm really hoping that the PS5 has backwards compatibility with the PS3 so that I can finally play GTA 4 again

Sometimes it was the lack of apps, or for the later versions of PS3 and PS4, lack of backwards compatibility .

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back