Opinion What do you think of The Walking Dead today?

Broken Shotgun

Trophies
Way back in 2016, I ran to Fopp to get the box sets, and I recall I got loads at the time. I binged on them. This was around the time the sixth season aired. Or whatever the one was where we were left to guess who Negan killed in the forest.

But after that, I think the series got kind of boring for many a year. Basically, it became more soap opera like, to the point where the walkers felt uninteresting, and Negan took over. When it's time for a mid-season break, I just lose complete interest in it coming back.

Now there's way too many characters from these different places, all as one big happy family. Some minor characters are introduced, just to die off like they just came in the door, so you have little time to care who they even are. Now this current season will be the last of the main storyline's seasons, but they're meant to be doing more spin off shows. Oh hell. :p

I preferred the series from 1-5 and then after that it became more about the characters than about the zombies, which quite frankly, was boring. I stopped mid way in series 5 and just couldn’t get back into it. I know a lot of people who feel the same so I’m glad I didn’t watch past it and waste any more of my time.

Yeah. I found it boring too. They have way too many characters. I think it was better when it was just Rick's group, and maybe Abraham's group. But now it is very convoluted with however many communities they're hooking up with.

I have to catch up on Fear the Walking Dead.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back