What do you think of charity streams?

Gopnik

Trophies
The charity streams are usually those 24 hours streams which aim to collect money for a certain type of charity. That is a pretty good way to raise funds for good if you have a big enough followers base which would support you. What do you think of that? BTW, if your favourite streamer make a charity stream would you consider donating a small amount of your pocket money to help the charity?

I am not sure those charity streams are genuine or not. I think those streams are meant to get more followers and donation. Which can be often unethical though. Because there are always people who eat that profit in between.

I've seen some recorded ones, not something I would sit down at the time to watch but they are pretty neat.

I've seen some recorded ones, not something I would sit down at the time to watch but they are pretty neat.
Likewise - I've seen some of the recorded charity speedrun streams, but never a live stream..

I think part of the reason being unless you know when the stream is taking place and how to access it, how are you going to do so? I'm guessing the answer to both points is probably Twitch, but I don't use it.. :p

I am not sure those charity streams are genuine or not. I think those streams are meant to get more followers and donation. Which can be often unethical though. Because there are always people who eat that profit in between.
Even if they are not for genuine reasons, the fact that there are getting money for a charity is good for both parties. As long as they are helping people, I don't we should worry too much about there reasons to help.

I don't think so. Just by saying it's money for charity, people can set up scam machines. In fact many influencers have done so in past on instagram with fake stories and patreon where they have lied about disability. It's never a good idea to feed such type of people.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back