What do you think Nintendo's next game console will be like?

BrianCa

Banned
Trophies
The Switch came out in 2017. Nintendo consoles have always historically been at the forefront for 5 years, or 6 years if it's a monster hit, as is the case with the NES & Wii. So we'll probably see Nintendo's next console somewhere between Holiday 2021 and Spring 2023 (prolly. SPRG/HLDY 2022) which brings Nintendo into the 9th generation shortly after the PS5 and Xbox Scarlett come out. This gives them the potential to create a game console that has power advantages over them, and if they aren't thinking about that... frick, they really should.

Of course, they should have next-gen Mario, Zelda, Mario Kart, Smash Bros., Metroid, and Pokemon within the first 2 years, but also please make an honest effort to get Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed, Madden, GTA, and all those other major multi-plats so that no one will ever have to buy 2 consoles ever again!

What do you guys think the next generation of Nintendo has in store?

Honestly, seeing how long the 3DS has been out, I'm think the switch will try to survive that way. They are probably going to try to squeeze it with revised versions and bundles.

Maybe like the New 3DS XL, there will be a Switch version with more memory or better graphics, etc.

We already have Breath of the Wild 2 and Metroid Prime 4 in development. Pretty excited about both.

Let's see how it goes, haha.

Last edited:
kind of a really good question, they pretty much cemented themselves into a switch like console for the rest of their life as there is no way they can return to a smaller handheld or home console only system. I imagine they will just keep coming out with newer switch versions.

I think same old primitive handheld should stop and I think we should move towards the virtual reality and augmented reality type of the games. I think those consoles need to slow down.

I think same old primitive handheld should stop and I think we should move towards the virtual reality and augmented reality type of the games. I think those consoles need to slow down.

I still think VR has a good few years before becoming something useful.

Yes VR and AR has lot of changes to handle if you ask me. Like say touch screen are yet to be norm in the workplace. But I am sure in soon enough things would be surely changing.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back