What do you make of Square Enix plans to have a subscription service?

Barida

Trophies
At the just concluded E3 2019, Square Enix president Matsuda rolled out plans that they are considering having a subscription plans for gamers that would want to play their games.

Do you think it's a great move by the company or not?

nope, they can barely get their games out in a decent time, last thing they need is a service to worry about.

I think that would be bad. I think the demand for the games with no subscription, no pay to win would increase because of that. At the end consumers always win. And that would be soon something people would see in near future. So that's something you may end up seeing in the future.

nope, they can barely get their games out in a decent time, last thing they need is a service to worry about.

Well, what we don't know yet is if they are coming with a huge plan that can handle all of that. This is something that we should always put under consideration when companies make such announcements.

I think that would be bad. I think the demand for the games with no subscription, no pay to win would increase because of that. At the end consumers always win. And that would be soon something people would see in near future. So that's something you may end up seeing in the future.

Absolutely, it is going to happen as demand will be affected since not everyone can make payments for such subscriptions. However, those loyal fans will have no other option than to pay for it.

I am not sure. Lot of people are staying away from the stadia. And you can consider the same with square enix. I think that can show you something about the subscription model affecting even the loyal fans. I am sure not everybody is as rich as well.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back