What do you make of Square Enix plans to have a subscription service?

Barida

Trophies
At the just concluded E3 2019, Square Enix president Matsuda rolled out plans that they are considering having a subscription plans for gamers that would want to play their games.

Do you think it's a great move by the company or not?

Demon_skeith

Trophies
nope, they can barely get their games out in a decent time, last thing they need is a service to worry about.

Nova

Trophies
I think that would be bad. I think the demand for the games with no subscription, no pay to win would increase because of that. At the end consumers always win. And that would be soon something people would see in near future. So that's something you may end up seeing in the future.

Barida

Trophies
nope, they can barely get their games out in a decent time, last thing they need is a service to worry about.

Well, what we don't know yet is if they are coming with a huge plan that can handle all of that. This is something that we should always put under consideration when companies make such announcements.

Barida

Trophies
I think that would be bad. I think the demand for the games with no subscription, no pay to win would increase because of that. At the end consumers always win. And that would be soon something people would see in near future. So that's something you may end up seeing in the future.

Absolutely, it is going to happen as demand will be affected since not everyone can make payments for such subscriptions. However, those loyal fans will have no other option than to pay for it.

Nova

Trophies
I am not sure. Lot of people are staying away from the stadia. And you can consider the same with square enix. I think that can show you something about the subscription model affecting even the loyal fans. I am sure not everybody is as rich as well.

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigPete7978 @ BigPete7978:
    #DrinkInHand!
    21 Jump Street started
    21 Jump Street is so damn funny
  • PGen98 @ PGen98:
    I've heard it's a good one, haven't actually seen it myself
  • Aries @ Aries:
    Yeah I’ve seen it, it’s really funny. I’m gonna watch episode 3 of the Last of Us, it’s so good!
  • Notorious @ Notorious:
    Sick
  • Tek @ Tek:
    Hi all :D
  • PGen98 @ PGen98:
    Hi all, hope you're doing well :)
  • Aries @ Aries:
    hey :)
  • PGen98 @ PGen98:
    Hey @Aries, hope you're doing well :)
  • Aries @ Aries:
    @PGen98, you too! Just busy working away, trying to get some features in
  • PGen98 @ PGen98:
    Sounds good :)
    +1
  • Aries @ Aries:
    currently got 4 trophies for grabs Trophies
  • Aries @ Aries:
    more to come soon :)
  • PGen98 @ PGen98:
    Very nice! A good mixture so far
  • Aries @ Aries:
    Also added followers/following widget to user profiles. Also you'll notice a levelling bar under a users post bit but that's currently still in the works.
  • PGen98 @ PGen98:
    Yeah, I did see that, very neat additions so far!
  • PGen98 @ PGen98:
    Well, time for me to take my mother out for a drive, keep her happy. Be back later. Have a good day :)
    +1
  • Aries @ Aries:
    You too!
  • PGen98 @ PGen98:
    There we go, she's happy again, had a nice drive and got her some food
  • Aries @ Aries:
    bless her! where did you go to eat?
  • PGen98 @ PGen98:
    I just took her to a local shop nearby. She can't handle much in terms of stimulation, so I have to keep it easy for her.
    T @ Tester: hi