What do you do with your old game console?

Martin Berisford

Article Author
Trophies
Always a bit of an odd one for me, If I've got a spare older console running around it's generally because it's packed up and I've been too lazy to get rid. They tend to just live in limbo in my attic where I probably won't play that old dusty Wii again but there's no way in hell I want to get rid of my precious WiiFit memories. What do you tend to do with your older consoles? Do you keep them and let them gather dust or do you try to spread the joy and give them/sell them elsewhere?

I think the current case of consoles seems to have pretty bad future. Most of the games are moving cloud and mobile. So the consoles may not last longer. So save it and then sell it as antique in near future. That is what I have noticed with the old consoles.

I tend to keep them. By the time I am done with them, the resale or trade-in value for them just isn't worth it so I like to keep them. Plus, sometimes it's great to go on them and play an old game you used to love.

I keep all my old consoles, I'm more of a retro gamer honestly. I do have a PS4 and Xbox One though. Some of the consoles I have weren't originally mine though, and I have traded consoles in to my local game store in the past. I still play my Sega Genesis, Playstation 1, and other consoles from time to time. :)

I still have the majority of my old consoles, and have tried to breathe new life in to some of them by modding them (PS1, PS2, PSP, Wii).

I think we passed on our Master System II and Mega Drive and spread the joy with a younger cousin..

I've contemplated selling my Xbox 360, but it hardly seems worth it for it's value.

Besides my N64 that I gave away, I still have most of my old consoles in storage. Not sure if I will ever throw them away.

My old consoles is in the store with dust over it. I never use it again after I purchase my first play station. I remember when me and sister always fight to whom gonna play mario next. And some of you remember about bird hunting game you have to shoot the bird with the gun. Hope one day I go to my store room and find it and play mario and hunting bird again.

I think these days documenting your stuff can earn some money if you can get it monetized through ads. I think for that reason you can document your old consoles and how they work and repair stuff. That can turn out with good videos and also be a good option for the people who prefer vlogs and documents on gaming.

I know for sure if I ever get my mancave video game room, I'll just hook them all up to one big screen entertainment setup.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back