What are your thoughts on the PC Master Race?

Rayquaza

Newcomer
Trophies
Some people say PC is the best for gaming rather than consoles. What is your opinion on the subject?

I've always felt like this was always more about personal preference than anything myself.

Every system has its own pros and cons.

I enjoy console gaming and PC gaming. Actually, I was a hold out on console for the longest time and only last year started PC gaming. My decision is now that I will probably only play exclusive games for PlayStation and then every other game will be on PC. I built my PC. It's got good hardware and tons of free space. My PS4, on the other hand, I'm running out of space.

I've always preferred console gaming, and don't foresee that changing..

I'm quite happy just using my laptop for browsing, and website work (coding, photoshop, localhost testing).

I'm of the opinion that it's all about playing with the game which you are more used to.

Some people prefer playing with PC for a particular reason while other choose playing with consoles for their own reasons too.

Personally, I prefer playing with consoles more than PC because it's what I'm used to since my childhood.

I prefer PC gaming because of the obvious reasons like upgradeability, multi-purpose function of the PC, modification of game files, and ability to play games at a level of quality unobtainable on consoles. Also, the experience gained from building a computer yourself is what actually makes it more special and a cut above console gaming.

PC provides the best and ultimate gaming not because of the comfortable feeling behind it, but also because the PC games usually get a fix pretty fast when they're broken. For example I play RE 4 on my PS2, while the PC version has gotten an update on textures, and I can't. Consoles and etc are mostly "disconnected".

I am fond of using portable computer for games. I find it more convenient and accessible. I can use it for games or surfing. I love the performance of portable computer in terms of graphics and speed. I remember playing my favorite star craft game for 4 to 5 hours everyday with no problems at all. PC can sustain in much longer period of time.

PC is definitely one good competitor for the console and mobile platform. Considering most of the people don't want to spend much on the consoles these days. And considering the games are lot cheaper on the PC. I think there is going to be definitely some more increase in numbers on the PC in years to come for sure.

Fewer people are using computers, generally speaking, anymore. All net surfing seems to be on mobiles - therefore, gaming seems to be the last hope for computers.

Well, computers, aside from gaming - is going back to the nerds - kind of like how it was at the start.

I prefer to play video games on PC for sure but you know with the consoles there are exclusives being released for them and like it or not, you can't play them on computer (at least not soon). Also, you can use your PC for more things rather than just gaming - browsing for example, video editing, and things like that.

PC is a hard way to play it takes a lot of finger moving and knowing where the right key is to play like
WASD is the way to move but you have to get rid of that form to press something else it is also a risk to get the right button so PC is the hard way to play

I think if stadia like concept works out I don't think we need console. So yeah the PC may surely become the master race eventually with more people using it instead of the console.

For me, I'm inbetween both 'systems' (Console and PC) when it comes to gaming. There are aspects of both that I really enjoy. From a PC gaming side, I love the fact that I can mod the game to my hearts content in most circumstances. Like on GTA where you add in cars, stunt tracks, whatever you want. Or on Skyrim where I can turn dragons into large Charizards to melt my childish heart. I can't do that (to that degree anyway) on most console games. But there is a feeling that comes with console games that can't be matched by PC I think. It depends on the mood for me really anyway.

Meh, I'm not so fussed about playing community made modifications - I'd rather play the game as was intended by the developers.

Console gaming on the comfort of a couch can't be beaten.. :cool:

I do prefer playing games on PC, but I do also really love playing on my Switch, mainly if I'm playing anything on a console, it's a Nintendo game. I typically reserve my PS4 games for ones I can't get on PC, and ones that I play online with my friends who only have PS4.

I do see that more and more people often favor the console. But in reality consoles are not the one worth investing your resources. I guess PC and the mobile are going to be running on the race in near future than the consoles.

PC is a hard way to play it takes a lot of finger moving and knowing where the right key is to play like
WASD is the way to move but you have to get rid of that form to press something else it is also a risk to get the right button so PC is the hard way to play
A lot of PC games support using a controller instead of mouse/keyboard.

Meh, I'm not so fussed about playing community made modifications - I'd rather play the game as was intended by the developers.

Console gaming on the comfort of a couch can't be beaten.. :cool:
I am usually of that mindset as well, though I have dabbled in a few mods.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back