What are your thoughts on Game of Thrones?

All things considered, it was a great series. However, most I've spoken to have complained about the final season not meeting their expectations. I tend to agree with those sentiments, but there were some great moments in the season which I won't discuss for spoilers sake.

It's hard to pick a favorite character as each one brought something good to the table. I can tell you the character I had a deep repugnance for: Joffrey Baratheon. You can probably guess why if you've seen the show.

Oh yes, I could not wait for Joffrey to be removed! haha
Im not done the series yet, just have a few episodes left but I can tell that this season isn't as great as previous ones

Game Of Thrones (TV series) started out real great but I also share the sentiments of the other fans when I say the ending was a disappointment. I know the books aren't done yet so I try to comfort myself with that fact but wow... They did the ending so dirty.

It also felt so rushed. The supposed highlight of the whole series with the fight against Cercei and the White Walkers are so anticlimactic it was so... meh. Here's to hoping the House of the Dragon is better.

That aside, the effects, theatrics, production are great, the actors are superb, and the sound/songs/theme songs are amazing. There are many characters that deserved better (RIP My Queen Margaery) and many plotlines that were unexplored. Overall, I just think that the previous seasons were intricately woven so there's a great expectation for the last season, but it fell real short.

It was really interesting from the beginning, I didn't understand why my friends like this so much so I watched few episodes and it was really worth watching. Only the ending was not so good.

It was really interesting from the beginning, I didn't understand why my friends like this so much so I watched few episodes and it was really worth watching. Only the ending was not so good.
of course the ending wasn't really that good, because the author doesn't want to write the last books, so they had to make an original TV ending....

I wonder when the author will ever finish his books of a song of fire and ice.... ?

That's a series I never watched, despite the acclaim it received. But I heard some of the later seasons aren't that good.

As with everything, if they say it has "ended" for good, that's not necessarily true. Never say never. Franchises get revived all of the time.

I mean it was great and had a great story arc. I personally loved Arya and she obviously went on to play a big part in the end. I also love Brianne of Tarth.

Now I don't understand why they rushed the finale... I know they were producing the series faster than the books could be made/published but they knew S8 was the ending and I don't understand why they let so much slip through the cracks... You'd think they would take their time... I mean cmon Starbucks coffee cups in GOT how did no one notice it from filming all the way to editing and reviewing? Then shoddy writing with the unsullied...

Either way, it was a great show but ended in such a disappointing manner...

People have told me that this series is good like technoblade, up to a certain point, but I've never really gotten into it.

People have told me that this series is good like technoblade, up to a certain point, but I've never really gotten into it.
Never in my life did I expect someone to say "good like Technoblade". Not saying he is bad but I just never expected someone to compare him or use him as a gauge anyway for judging a medieval fantasy series. :LOL:

I mean it was great and had a great story arc. I personally loved Arya and she obviously went on to play a big part in the end. I also love Brianne of Tarth.

Now I don't understand why they rushed the finale... I know they were producing the series faster than the books could be made/published but they knew S8 was the ending and I don't understand why they let so much slip through the cracks... You'd think they would take their time... I mean cmon Starbucks coffee cups in GOT how did no one notice it from filming all the way to editing and reviewing? Then shoddy writing with the unsullied...

Either way, it was a great show but ended in such a disappointing manner...

Agreed! I’ll give the writers a break, and say they did the best with what they were tasked to do. My thoughts about the series final, shielded for anyone who has not watched it but may want to.

S8E5-6 The Bells+ The Iron Throne- Is Daenerys Targaryen mad?
  • She discovers she is not the true heir.
  • Everyone loves John Snow, and nobody in Westeros loves her, not as one of their own.
  • And now that he knows that the Dragon Queen is his aunt, he can no longer sleep with her.
  • Plus Milasandra is dead, and she truly feels alone.
  • Daenerys finally gets smart about dragon deployment, but…
  • The bells toll signaling the surrender of Kings Landing, Daenerys flips and decides to burn them all.
  • … and then decides to tear down most of the big beautiful Red Keep.
The answer: if not mad then epecially, murderously driven to the point of folly. The wealth generation of a city like Kings Landing was too great to throw away.

So clearly at the end she and her dragon ran amuck to rule over a ruin. Up to this point Daenerys Targaryen had alway acted rationally, worried about the downtrodden, and acted a recognizable moral compass until Kings Landing. Was it better to surprise the audience with this flip in personality, or build up to it, giving them a clue in advance?

I still strenuously object to Bran being chosen King. He had done nothing but become a seer, and had done nothing that would inspire the nobility as having leadership qualities And they send Jon Snow to the Night’s Watch? Lol.

Here’s a question, with the Night King dead, is there still a need for the Night’s watch and a 900’ wall?
I still prefer this ending :):

Game Of Thrones (TV series) started out real great but I also share the sentiments of the other fans when I say the ending was a disappointment. I know the books aren't done yet so I try to comfort myself with that fact but wow... They did the ending so dirty.

It also felt so rushed. The supposed highlight of the whole series with the fight against Cercei and the White Walkers are so anticlimactic it was so... meh. Here's to hoping the House of the Dragon is better.

That aside, the effects, theatrics, production are great, the actors are superb, and the sound/songs/theme songs are amazing. There are many characters that deserved better (RIP My Queen Margaery) and many plotlines that were unexplored. Overall, I just think that the previous seasons were intricately woven so there's a great expectation for the last season, but it fell real short.
I often complained that as compared to the books, besides the first Season which felt coherent, to portray a Game of Thrones book in 10 episodes, felt to me like more of an outline for the book with 5 minute battles and other wholesale shortcuts, plot changes, and omissions.

Despite these critiques, this is probably one of the best Fantasy shows ever created. And then there is the author who found it too hard to finished what he started. :unsure:

One of my favorite shows of all time. Right up there with some of my personal favorites: Breaking Bad, Sons Of Anarchy, LOST, Dexter, etc.

I really love Daenerys, I understand her motivation and her broken soul.
Even though you can make an argument like Father like Daughter, after watching multiple season of her making measured responses, I did not buy her breaking bad at the end.

If Game of Thrones taught us anything, it's that no matter how much you plan and strategize, sometimes the best way to win is to just ride in on a dragon and set everything on fire.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back