What are your favorite RPG Games?

Golden Sun, Fire Emblems, FF 7 & 9, Skies of Arcadia, Phantasy Star Online are all amazing.

It's a good idea to study the classics to see what today's games are stealing from:
NES Emulator: Dragon Warrior (for the punishment)
SNES Emulator: Final Fantasy III (the Ted Woosley translation), Earthbound
Genesis Emulator: Phantasy Star III (for music and nostalgia)
GBC Emulator: METAL WALKER, Zelda: Oracle of Seasons,
PSX Emulator: Suikoden, Wild Arms, Harvest Moon Back To Nature

Android native: Terra Battle (from MISTWALKER, the original designer of Final Fantasy)

I'm playing this game, Rookie Hero. It's an indie game made using rpg maker :)

I love the plot (it is about a school of heroes) and the style. A nice pixel art to be an indie game!

Phantasy Star III

Now that is one suggestion that I need to go over. I think a lot of good games listed by you so far. I may have to check up on the phantasy star. I assume you are referring to this retro RPG.

Now that is one suggestion that I need to go over. I think a lot of good games listed by you so far. I may have to check up on the phantasy star. I assume you are referring to this retro RPG.

I love the phantasy star games. I only got to play one of the genesis games ages ago though. :(

How did I forget - PERSONA!
Persona is definitely a good RPG and the best part is that they have recent release for Persona gold which would be great for those who played it before. I think in PS 5 ecosystem next year they may launch one more game.

I hear great things about persona but I never played it since I never owned a playstation system.

Out of more recent RPGs (although it was released in 2010...) I'd say Fallout: New Vegas is my favourite. Out of more old-school titles I'd say FFVI (or FFIII in the US).

New Vegas ia great. Feels like it has the deepest lore of any fallout game.

- Suikoden 1 to 3
- Shadow Hearts covenant
- Persona/SMT
- Witcher series
- Dragon quest series

In no particular order

Persona 4
Persona 5
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy X
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Fallout 3
Fallout: New Vegas
Dark Souls
Mass Effect 1-3
Tales of Symphonia
Tales of Vesperia

Fallout 1, 2 and New Vegas
The Witcher series
Divinity OS2
Baldur's Gate 1 and 2
Alpha Protocol
Morrowind and Daggerfall

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back