What are your favorite racing games?

Jayson

Trophies
I love racing games, but I haven't had enough time to really get into them. I mean, the only one I've messed around with - quite a bit - is Mario Kart. Anyway, I do remember getting into this motorcycle game back in the 90s, forgot the name. Anyway, the choices of racing games these days is out of this world. There's NASCAR, Sonic, ATV, monster truck, - you name it.

So, what games tickle your fancy? Which ones are you the best at? How far have you progressed on racing games? What racing games do you particularly recommend?

O.K., what racing games are not so hot - and why?

I don't know if you remember the retro game named "Road Rash". It was one of those games that got me pretty much addicted to the gaming. It's definitely something i'd recommend if you are into classic road rash type of games.

Love the Crew 2. It's one of my favourite games at the moment and honestly, I don't even care about the racing aspects of it. I love driving across the map in my favourite cars more.

My favourite racing game of all time has to be Need for Speed Carbon, I'm not quite sure why it's that specific part of the Need for Speed franchise but dang I loved that game. I think it's because it was the game I played whilst I was growing up, modding my little cars and all that and It just gave me so much joy to come home and bring first place home. So many memories man. Do they even still make NFS games? I want one, now.

I miss the old racing games like Need For Speed Underground or Project Gotham. Not that much into Horizon really.

My favourite racing games at the moment has to be the F1 games from Codemasters.

The attention to detail is incredible, Codemasters have really pushed the boat out with them.. ? I'm currently still playing through F1 2017.

My favourite racing game of all time has to be Need for Speed Carbon [...] Do they even still make NFS games? I want one, now.
A decent choice.. I sunk so many hours into it, and finished all of the game's achievements on Xbox 360 apart from the glitched one that never worked. I always liked how the NFS games used to coincide with the Fast & Furious films pretty well. Carbon for example came out shortly after Tokyo Drift.

They do still make NFS games, the latest one is Payback. I haven't really played any of the newer ones though, I got kinda bored during Hot Pursuit and never got around to finishing it.

I miss the old racing games like Need For Speed Underground or Project Gotham. Not that much into Horizon really.

Need for speed was the racing game that I spent a lot of time playing back in those days and the good side of it was that I was able to enjoy some good moments doing so. The skipping that I experienced some others did not show up while playing this particular game.

Oh those were the days. In fact the previous versions of the NFS were pretty much good and less flashy on graphics side. I'd say people should play those classic racing games.

Oh those were the days. In fact the previous versions of the NFS were pretty much good and less flashy on graphics side. I'd say people should play those classic racing games.

I agree.
I don’t understand why EA doesn’t bring back those successful formulas. The last Need for Speed games have been abysmal.

Too much flashy stuff. Too much modern graphics for the sake of it. And they are missing the point. I think that's where GTA beats most of such games though in different genre.

Road Rash 64, Wacky Races, Crazy Taxi - I remember all of these games. They were amazing. I liked them very much. Even today using online emulator Play Racing Games Online – Emulator Games Online. I play some of them to remember those times when I waited when I could get the ability to sit near the TV with a console and play these games.

Last edited by a moderator:
Road rash is definitely into the classic and many people who are in retro gaming definitely consider that as a must check out game from the past.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back