What are your favorite gaming objectives?

lizbass

Trophies
Hi there,

I'm researching different forms of objectives & collectibles in computer games. I'm familiar with the goal of Mario Land - ie, defeat or avoid enemies (whilst collecting tools that help you, ie. a star to make you faster, a mushroom to make you bigger, a flower to make you invincible) in order to rescue Princess Peach.

What are some other examples of your favorite objectives, and what objects, or collectibles help you to win?

Hi there,

I'm researching different forms of objectives & collectibles in computer games. I'm familiar with the goal of Mario Land - ie, defeat or avoid enemies (whilst collecting tools that help you, ie. a star to make you faster, a mushroom to make you bigger, a flower to make you invincible) in order to rescue Princess Peach.

What are some other examples of your favorite objectives, and what objects, or collectibles help you to win?
Here, I can provide some examples of objectives and collectibles in computer games that are popular among players:

1. Completion-based objectives: In games like Minecraft, the objective is to gather resources, build structures, and eventually defeat the Ender Dragon to "complete" the game.
  2. Exploration-based objectives: In games like The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, the objective is to explore the vast world, discover new locations, and uncover secrets along the way.
  3. Quest-based objectives: In games like World of Warcraft, the objective is to complete various quests, which involve completing certain tasks or defeating enemies to receive rewards.
  4. Collection-based objectives: In games like Pokemon, the objective is to catch and collect different creatures with unique abilities and characteristics.
  5. Time-based objectives: In games like Super Meat Boy, the objective is to complete levels as quickly as possible, with the added challenge of trying to beat your own or others' best times.
In terms of collectibles, some popular examples include power-ups that increase your abilities or health, coins or points that can be used to purchase items, and hidden objects or secrets that can unlock new levels or features. The specific types of objectives and collectibles can vary greatly depending on the game, so it's important to consider the genre and gameplay mechanics when analyzing them.

Power-ups that improve your skills or health, coins or points that may be used to buy things, and hidden objects or mysteries that can open additional levels or features are a few examples of collectibles that are frequently used. It's crucial to take the game's genre and gameplay mechanics into account while examining objectives and collectibles because they can take on a variety of forms depending on the game.

Power-ups that improve your skills or health, coins or points that may be used to buy things, and hidden objects or mysteries that can open additional levels or features are a few examples of collectibles that are frequently used. It's crucial to take the game's genre and gameplay mechanics into account while examining objectives and collectibles because they can take on a variety of forms depending on the game.
I have the same thoughts about playing games to grow skills and maintain health.

Here, I can provide some examples of objectives and collectibles in computer games that are popular among players:

1. Completion-based objectives: In games like Minecraft, the objective is to gather resources, build structures, and eventually defeat the Ender Dragon to "complete" the game.
  2. Exploration-based objectives: In games like The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, the objective is to explore the vast world, discover new locations, and uncover secrets along the way.
  3. Quest-based objectives: In games like World of Warcraft, the objective is to complete various quests, which involve completing certain tasks or defeating enemies to receive rewards.
  4. Collection-based objectives: In games like Pokemon, the objective is to catch and collect different creatures with unique abilities and characteristics.
  5. Time-based objectives: In games like Super Meat Boy, the objective is to complete levels as quickly as possible, with the added challenge of trying to beat your own or others' best times.
In terms of collectibles, some popular examples include power-ups that increase your abilities or health, coins or points that can be used to purchase items, and hidden objects or secrets that can unlock new levels or features. The specific types of objectives and collectibles can vary greatly depending on the game, so it's important to consider the genre and gameplay mechanics when analyzing them.
Some games like Animal Crossing: New Horizons have a free structure with some development goals (e.g. KK Slider playing on your island), beyond which you enter into a completely free phase, with options of design contract goals etc. for neighbouring islands.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back