What are your favorite fighting games?

Shine_Spirit

Trophies
When the category is fighting games (by the way, it's one of the categories that I find most exciting and interesting in this world), I have great examples. In fact, I could write a long list, but I'm just going to mention only a few names of the most classic games that I loved - and still really like - to play.

Here's the list:

• Mortal Kombat
  • King Of Figherts
  • Fatal Fury
  • Street Fighters
  • Tekken
  • Dragon Ball Z
What do you think about it? ;)

Street Fighter is my all time favorite. I also love Mortal Kombat and Tekken, but not as much as I love SF. I also remember this boxing game called Final Round or something like that which I really liked, but I don't know if that one should be on the Sports category haha.

I always liked Mortal Combat as a youngster (80s/early 90s). That was about it. Well, I didn't really try others, though.

Street Fighter is my all time favorite. I also love Mortal Kombat and Tekken, but not as much as I love SF. I also remember this boxing game called Final Round or something like that which I really liked, but I don't know if that one should be on the Sports category haha.

Oh, really? I've never seen anything like this before!

However, by the way you described it seems to be very interesting. I'm going to look for something about it because I was very interested (even because Street Fighter deserves this research, haha)!

Thanks.

I always liked Mortal Combat as a youngster (80s/early 90s). That was about it. Well, I didn't really try others, though.

Why didn't you try? Are not fighting games on your favorite games list?

I mean, there are so many good games within that category that you'll go crazy from so much playing them, haha! They're kinda very addicted if you really enojy them (by the way, some characters are iconic)!

My favorite fighting game of all time would be Marvel vs. Capcom 2. I was in college when it came out and it really took most of my free time. Me and my friends would hang out on the arcade and they would play tekken and street fighter but me and a highschool friend would play MvC2, there would even be challengers that are from another area where they have gained notoriety and would seek other malls and arcades that would have this game to challenge the local players and word would go around and a pool of people would watch the matches. It was really a fun time.

The only one's from the list I know are Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter and DragonBall Z. Oddly enough I played only the 3rd one on my PS2.

I love fighting games. My favourite one is Tekken. It has really cool characters and gives players that realistic 3D fighting experience. I like Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter too, but they are, as it seems to me, not true 3D, like Tekken.

Tekken is my favorite fighting game, Tekken 5 to be exact. I don't know how many hours me and my buddies have spent playing this game. We would start after school and play it all day and through the night (if it's Friday, that is :)). Sometimes we even met early in the morning, before school, just to play a couple of rounds. Good times.

I use to play Street Fighter and Tekken I love the both, but the most special one to me is Tekken I remember playing in my first ever Ps1, I hade no idea how It works I just keep on pressing buttons, I thought I was so good at it, I also remember playing it with my little brother and he keeps asking me "Who am I? Who am I ?" it was hilarious.

Why didn't you try? Are not fighting games on your favorite games list?

I mean, there are so many good games within that category that you'll go crazy from so much playing them, haha! They're kinda very addicted if you really enojy them (by the way, some characters are iconic)!

I've always been focused on Mario, Donkey Kong stuff.

I do not play a lot of fighting games, however, I have tried playing some of the games mentioned by the OP. Based on my experience, I think Mortal Kombat is a good fighting game.

I've always been focused on Mario, Donkey Kong stuff.

Well, I think in that case you have a great excuse (at least from my point of view) because Mario and Donkey Kong are such classic games that always deserve all the respect.

Until today I really like to play it (and I play it very often). It's the kind of game that never seems to grow old, haha!

I use to play Street Fighter and Tekken I love the both, but the most special one to me is Tekken I remember playing in my first ever Ps1, I hade no idea how It works I just keep on pressing buttons, I thought I was so good at it, I also remember playing it with my little brother and he keeps asking me "Who am I? Who am I ?" it was hilarious.

That's awesome!

I think when a game can make us have moments as special as this one that you had... It's proved (once and for all) how important that game is for us. But despite this, Tekken is really an incredible fighting game!

I’m a Street Fighter type person. There was a cabinet in a small deli across from my house growing up. I was kind of a boss back then?. I really want to play against a younger player sometime but I want to play just straight up Street Fighter 2. No turbo, no ultra meters, just really slow clunky pixel people and occasional fireballs.

I’m a Street Fighter type person. There was a cabinet in a small deli across from my house growing up. I was kind of a boss back then?. I really want to play against a younger player sometime but I want to play just straight up Street Fighter 2. No turbo, no ultra meters, just really slow clunky pixel people and occasional fireballs.
me too i love Street Fighter i always play the game always on the arcade games.i always finish all the enemies until the last one.

This is THE decade for fighting games. There are lots of great games, but I would have to go with Street Fighter II (1991) and its variations. It may not be the best, but Street Fighter II was the one that started it all, and the true really legendary game here. I played Street Fighter II for the first time in 1991, and I had never seen something like it before. That was a game changer. Among all of them, I would have to go with the definitive version, Super Street Fighter II Turbo(1994) as my favorite in the whole decade. The other Capcom fighting games were also great, and I would have to mention at least the Darkstalkers (1994) series, and Marvel Super Heroes (1995).

Then there was Mortal Kombat (1992), with all its blood, and its sequel which I think it is even better, Mortal Kombat II (1993). Virtual Fighter (1993) was good, but not as good as Tekken (1994). The two best offerings from Namco would be Tekken 3 (1997) and Soul Calibur (1998), which are both really great. SNK games, although good, mostly paled in comparison to these offerings, but I think Samurai Showdown (1993) and The Last Blade (1997) series were among the best in the bunch. ;)

I remember the Mortal Kombat games of old, I think I was in third or fourth grade when I first played them on a Sega MegaDrive 2 and it blew my mind. There was I, an innocent kid and seeing all that gory fatalities for the first time. It was a fun time practicing the fatalities of each character. The moveset and all fatalities, brutalities and friendships of each character were printed on the pamphlet on the box that the game came with. Fun times was definitely had! :)

For me Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter was the best start for my last decade. Now that games are evolved a lot. And things have changed a lot in this economy. I think the amount of game developers increasing due to paying customers is a good thing. And I think fighting games now have chance to release their new games.

I think mortal kombat along with similar 1 on 1 and multiplayer like say Injustice, they definitely have some chance to stay strong in the market.

I think classics like Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter won't be outshined by anything new in the genre, tbh.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back