What are some modern things that you can't stand?

Martin Berisford

Article Author
Trophies
What are some things in this very modern world that you just can't stand? Something that probably turns you into one of those stereotypical old people who just seems to moan about everything that they possibly can. For me, I miss the music of my childhood, it was just proper lovely music but nowadays it's all rap/grime/typical pop crap but that's just me and my personal tastes. Otherwise, I hate the retail atmosphere, everything is so impersonal now.

What about you?

cell phones, mostly when people use them during work or while driving. My biggest issue when they ignore all else and answer their phone and start talking.

This idea that new products can be made every year. Can't even buy a phone without there being a better version of it in a few months. It's not the end of the world but it's annoying.

I still prefer taking some of the locally made meals to these kind of modern meals. When I see people say how some of these pizzas, sharwama and the rest have been sweet, I don't really feel the vibes as I believe eating simple meals such as rice and beans to be better.

I'm not a fan of cell phones, or phones in general. I don't like being "buzzed" all the time! However, I enjoy a good email or internet chat session.

For me I would definitely have to say the music that I used to listen to as a child. Music was so good when I was younger and there was never a song I could say I never liked back then. Nowadays the music is all the same, auto tuned most of the time and there is a lot of music I just really can not listen to at all. Another thing that I can't stand either is how rude some people are nowadays out in the world. I remember as a child you could head out, shop or even browse and you would barely ever find anyone who was rude, nowadays in stores I am always getting annoyed by rude people and it seems to be getting more and more frequent as well.

Another thing that I can't stand either is how rude some people are nowadays out in the world. I remember as a child you could head out, shop or even browse and you would barely ever find anyone who was rude, nowadays in stores I am always getting annoyed by rude people and it seems to be getting more and more frequent as well.

This can actually be a rather interesting topic of discussion in itself, but have you ever considered the idea that perhaps the world hasn't changes so much, but rather that your opinions what is "annoying" and "rude" has changed as you grow older? Much like a child can dislike a lot of food and grow to like what they previously hated with a passion or how someone can judge a sexuality and later in their life learn to completely accept it.

As for what I find annoying in modern world... I'd say I find it both annoying and incredibly sad that as a side effect of easier communication, we've (as people) have grown to become far more self-centered in our actions without being fully aware of that fact ourselves. We delude ourselves that we do actions based on more noble actions and therefore think we are doing good, but in reality we are doing harm. An example of this is that with the growing knowledge of disabilities that people can get from the internet, they feel the need to help and assist those with disabilities regardless of whenever the person with a disability wants that help or not.

While doing so we think we are doing good to the world, that we are moving it forward towards a state of "perfection" because we based that on our own merits and not the worlds. So in that sense, the thing I dislike in today's society is that more knowledge has made the world more blind in a lot of ways. That being said, I am not going to sit here and pretend that the evolution of knowledge hasn't done anything good for us, because it has done a lot of good. Progress in understanding, a wider reach and a creative growth unlike any are a few examples of that.

This idea that new products can be made every year. Can't even buy a phone without there being a better version of it in a few months. It's not the end of the world but it's annoying.

But what about other gadgets called 'smart'? Smart fridge, smart watch, everything's smart except me being dumb and trying to navigate through all of this. What's next, a smart lawn mower? Oh wait, there's one already... Just I'm too suspicious about all this electronic stuff and prefer relying on time-tested tools like, for example, a gas lawn mower as mentioned on this page.

cell phones, mostly when people use them during work or while driving. My biggest issue when they ignore all else and answer their phone and start talking.
I agree. However, I do find Smartphones to be very convenient and I'm glad I have one.

Yeah. New pop music sucks.

Back in 2015, I liked a lot of the hits we had that summer, though.

I liked the other video for "Cheerleader" more than this one, where he is dancing at the beach and a guy is playing a trumpet.

:sneaky:

I cant stand a lot of the music today either. I just turned 50 and just really feel depressed at how much things have changed in the last 10 years and not for the better.

I'm not really keen on remakes that much. Some of them can be good, though. :cool:

Everybody on JoyFreak, please have a happy and safe new year.

I feel like it's weird to take this thread into 2020, but c'est la vie.

As for the modern thing I can't stand, its the fact that most music these days is heavily autotuned.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back