What is the best voice chat for gaming?

Gopnik

Trophies
Whenever you are gaming with friends what app/program do you use to communicate with them? Discord, Teamspeak, Mumble, Skype or something else that you prefer? Or if there is in-game voice chat do you use it instead?

In CS:GO I can use the in-game voice chat to communicate with my friends. It's just 5 players in the team and you actually can hear what they are saying. But when I play a video game without voice chat built in I use Discord - it's simple and a lot of people are using it.

There are many gaming servers on the discord. And you can meet new friends. And also get suggestions, discounts etc from the gaming discord. You can see that connecting with others in with the discord can be fun. I mostly use the discord for the new connections and to find out more friends for multiplayer games. I think it can be good to have discord option in such case.

Do you use Discord with gaming friends?

Yes, I'm using discord to communicate with my friends and my other party on game .Voice chat is so fun specially when you and your friends are on a multiplayer mode.

I am also using discord to communicate while playing with my friends. They live in far away places from my home so it is very convenient for me to use the app just to have fun the same way as I am playing with my friends in person. Playing games is more fun using this kind of app.

I use discord on a regular basis. It's a great piece of software.

Discord is a specially designed VoIP company for gamers. I wanted to know how many server owners are on this forum. If so, what is the concept of yours?

I always go through Steam's in-built chat myself or Skype if the situation requires it. It's generally easier, at least it is for sure when I'm playing with my friends anyway. If i'm playing online with randoms I will of course just use the in-game chat functions to communicate unless I like the sound of them and add them to my friends list.

Whatsapp is what I prefer with relatives, friends, family and also with the gamer friends. I do use discord every now and then. And it can be pretty fun with the communication. I'd say that some apps on the android are lot more fun. I am sure google in near future may add the chat feature in the google play as well.

I think for gaming and other developer chat, you can make use of the discord. And it can get things good going as a community. But overall I'd say that there are many other options for short member chat like skype and whatsapp that can be used too.

I think for gaming and other developer chat, you can make use of the discord. And it can get things good going as a community. But overall I'd say that there are many other options for short member chat like skype and whatsapp that can be used too.

Platforms like Skype can easily be used but they are coming far and far less popular as compared to discord. Discord is becoming so popular right now that more and more people are starting to use skype less and less and now these days use Discord.

I currently have a server for my forum. We have a bit over 100 users in it so far.

I use Discord every single day. It's my main app to use. Don't much so use any other app except occasionally I might get on skype though it's very rare. I used to use skype every day but now I've drifted away from that. I even have my own server with over 100 users so far. It's quite fun to talk to people that way.

Every day I use Discord. Using it is my main app. Use no other app except sometimes I might get on skype, though this will be extremely unlikely for me. Every day I used to use skype, but now I've drifted away because of security vulnerabilitys.

Discord is definitely fun to be around. I have had my share of the bad issues with the discord server. I prefer to communicate with the people who i consider friends and love to play games with. I think on that note I think some apps can be fun to use as well.

Discord is not meant for the video communication though. Discord is only good for the chat and the gaming communication. I have seen the business continues to make use of the skype and the whatsapp most of the time.

The only Discord server that I started was for a gaming social network that I had but I don't own that anymore. So at the moment, I only use Discord to chat on various different servers

I run a Tech and Gaming Discord Server with 90 Members (inc Bots). Pretty cool, feel free to join; Join the The Queen and Technology Discord Server!

But Discord is the way forward for gamers.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back