Welcome - introduce yourself!

Hello, long time GAF and Era member (though I admit, I stopped posting on GAF a long time ago and forgot my old username). Just looking for some slower paced discussions about games, with more reasonable moderation, and less extremes in politics. So far this looks like the place.

Hi, there! I've been playing video games since the 80s. Hoping to slot in to a site where we can talk about what we like, and criticize what we don't. I'm a programmer by trade and that keeps me very busy, but when I can relax I have a plethora of hobbies that compete for my attention. Art, programming, music, fiction writing, and of course gaming are the main things I focus on as hobbies.

Welcome to everyone! You've come to the right gaming destination on the net.

hi im kayla from ERA. I have a fat cat named miffy.
Hello, long time GAF and Era member (though I admit, I stopped posting on GAF a long time ago and forgot my old username). Just looking for some slower paced discussions about games, with more reasonable moderation, and less extremes in politics. So far this looks like the place.
Hi, there! I've been playing video games since the 80s. Hoping to slot in to a site where we can talk about what we like, and criticize what we don't. I'm a programmer by trade and that keeps me very busy, but when I can relax I have a plethora of hobbies that compete for my attention. Art, programming, music, fiction writing, and of course gaming are the main things I focus on as hobbies.
Hi, new here. This forum looks so good!
Well hello everyone and welcome to JoyFreak :)

Hello one and all. I’m AzH, I like cheese, and I’m happy to be here.

Hello one and all. I’m AzH, I like cheese, and I’m happy to be here.
Hello AzH welcome to JoyFreak:) funny that you like cheese as I do too ?

Anyway hope you enjoy your stay and if you need anything let me know.

Hey, guys! Name’s on the tin, been gaming for a bit north of 20 years, saw the message about the forum on KiA and wanted to check out what seems to be a nice, cozy gaming forum. I’ve started streaming this year, nothing fancy, just playing Thief mainly, for now.

Love old games, and love lamenting about the current games industry, although diamonds can still be found, thankfully, lol.

Hey, guys! Name’s on the tin, been gaming for a bit north of 20 years, saw the message about the forum on KiA and wanted to check out what seems to be a nice, cozy gaming forum. I’ve started streaming this year, nothing fancy, just playing Thief mainly, for now.

Love old games, and love lamenting about the current games industry, although diamonds can still be found, thankfully, lol.

Hello and welcome to JoyFreak! We are a nice, cozy gaming forum and you'll fit right in with the rest of us. Feel free to talk about old games, lament about the games industry, or do whatever you wish!

If you need any help, PM me and I'll do my best to sort out any troubles you have.

Welcome aboard.

Hey there, started gaming on PS1 (90s) and now a PC gamer.

forum looks great, It would be nice if this place is not too concerned about politics.

Hey there, started gaming on PS1 (90s) and now a PC gamer.

forum looks great, It would be nice if this place is not too concerned about politics.

Hello, Hasusan, and welcome! We aren't too concerned about politics, and you're welcome to talk about games or whatever interests you if you feel like it.

PM me if you have any questions or concerns, and I'll do my best to help out.

Welcome to JoyFreak!

Hello and welcome to JoyFreak! We are a nice, cozy gaming forum and you'll fit right in with the rest of us. Feel free to talk about old games, lament about the games industry, or do whatever you wish!

If you need any help, PM me and I'll do my best to sort out any troubles you have.

Welcome aboard.

Thank you for the kind reply! I definitely will, if any questions or uncertainties arise!

Hi, I came here from the KotakuInAction reddit after seeing the thread promoting this place there. I have been a gamer since the late 1990s and I miss the time when games were escapist. These days I mostly play older games and visual novels, but I am looking forward to Cyberpunk 2077.

Hi, I came here from the KotakuInAction reddit after seeing the thread promoting this place there. I have been a gamer since the late 1990s and I miss the time when games were escapist. These days I mostly play older games and visual novels, but I am looking forward to Cyberpunk 2077.
Welcome! I think it's one of those highly anticipated games at the moment, i'm also very much looking forward to it!

Hello! I also come from Kotaku in Action. It is one of the few subreddits I still visit and enjoy, as I generally believe that Reddit has otherwise become a cesspool. I can't guarantee I'll be a regular member here, but I'm always happy to find little enclaves of sanity such as this. I play RPGs and strategy games. My favorite game of all time is Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines. I hope to get to know all of you.

Hello! I also come from Kotaku in Action. It is one of the few subreddits I still visit and enjoy, as I generally believe that Reddit has otherwise become a cesspool. I can't guarantee I'll be a regular member here, but I'm always happy to find little enclaves of sanity such as this. I play RPGs and strategy games. My favorite game of all time is Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines. I hope to get to know all of you.
Hey welcome! What other RPG and strategy games are you into? I've been playing a lot of FF7 remake recently.

Hey welcome! What other RPG and strategy games are you into? I've been playing a lot of FF7 remake recently.

Thanks! I've been wanting to chew into FF7 Remake but I'm waiting on it to come to PC. I'm very sensitive to low framerates in 3D games, unfortunately. It really gives me a headache. I am more of a fan of classic CRPGs such as Baldur's Gate and Neverwinter Nights, but for JRPGs I'd say my favorite is Final Fantasy IV. For strategy games, my favorite is the original StarCraft.

Thanks! I've been wanting to chew into FF7 Remake but I'm waiting on it to come to PC. I'm very sensitive to low framerates in 3D games, unfortunately. It really gives me a headache. I am more of a fan of classic CRPGs such as Baldur's Gate and Neverwinter Nights, but for JRPGs I'd say my favorite is Final Fantasy IV. For strategy games, my favorite is the original StarCraft.
I'm actually looking forward for Baldur's Gate 3, I've always been a fan of the series. Didn't quite get into Neverwinter Nights but might give that a go. Final Fantasy IV was one of my favorites too. It would have been better if they made a new FF game rather than a remake tbh but the remake has been satisfactory for me.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back