Welcome - introduce yourself! | Page 16 | JoyFreak

Community Welcome - introduce yourself!

Hasusan

Hey there, started gaming on PS1 (90s) and now a PC gamer.

forum looks great, It would be nice if this place is not too concerned about politics.

Paladin

JoyFreak Systems Model-101
Hey there, started gaming on PS1 (90s) and now a PC gamer.

forum looks great, It would be nice if this place is not too concerned about politics.
Hello, Hasusan, and welcome! We aren't too concerned about politics, and you're welcome to talk about games or whatever interests you if you feel like it.

PM me if you have any questions or concerns, and I'll do my best to help out.

Welcome to JoyFreak!

Hello and welcome to JoyFreak! We are a nice, cozy gaming forum and you'll fit right in with the rest of us. Feel free to talk about old games, lament about the games industry, or do whatever you wish!

If you need any help, PM me and I'll do my best to sort out any troubles you have.

Welcome aboard.
Thank you for the kind reply! I definitely will, if any questions or uncertainties arise!

Hi, I came here from the KotakuInAction reddit after seeing the thread promoting this place there. I have been a gamer since the late 1990s and I miss the time when games were escapist. These days I mostly play older games and visual novels, but I am looking forward to Cyberpunk 2077.

Clout

Hi, I came here from the KotakuInAction reddit after seeing the thread promoting this place there. I have been a gamer since the late 1990s and I miss the time when games were escapist. These days I mostly play older games and visual novels, but I am looking forward to Cyberpunk 2077.
Welcome! I think it's one of those highly anticipated games at the moment, i'm also very much looking forward to it!

Serata

Hello! I also come from Kotaku in Action. It is one of the few subreddits I still visit and enjoy, as I generally believe that Reddit has otherwise become a cesspool. I can't guarantee I'll be a regular member here, but I'm always happy to find little enclaves of sanity such as this. I play RPGs and strategy games. My favorite game of all time is Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines. I hope to get to know all of you.

Clout

Hello! I also come from Kotaku in Action. It is one of the few subreddits I still visit and enjoy, as I generally believe that Reddit has otherwise become a cesspool. I can't guarantee I'll be a regular member here, but I'm always happy to find little enclaves of sanity such as this. I play RPGs and strategy games. My favorite game of all time is Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines. I hope to get to know all of you.
Hey welcome! What other RPG and strategy games are you into? I've been playing a lot of FF7 remake recently.

Serata

Hey welcome! What other RPG and strategy games are you into? I've been playing a lot of FF7 remake recently.
Thanks! I've been wanting to chew into FF7 Remake but I'm waiting on it to come to PC. I'm very sensitive to low framerates in 3D games, unfortunately. It really gives me a headache. I am more of a fan of classic CRPGs such as Baldur's Gate and Neverwinter Nights, but for JRPGs I'd say my favorite is Final Fantasy IV. For strategy games, my favorite is the original StarCraft.

Clout

Thanks! I've been wanting to chew into FF7 Remake but I'm waiting on it to come to PC. I'm very sensitive to low framerates in 3D games, unfortunately. It really gives me a headache. I am more of a fan of classic CRPGs such as Baldur's Gate and Neverwinter Nights, but for JRPGs I'd say my favorite is Final Fantasy IV. For strategy games, my favorite is the original StarCraft.
I'm actually looking forward for Baldur's Gate 3, I've always been a fan of the series. Didn't quite get into Neverwinter Nights but might give that a go. Final Fantasy IV was one of my favorites too. It would have been better if they made a new FF game rather than a remake tbh but the remake has been satisfactory for me.

Serata

I'm actually looking forward for Baldur's Gate 3, I've always been a fan of the series. Didn't quite get into Neverwinter Nights but might give that a go. Final Fantasy IV was one of my favorites too. It would have been better if they made a new FF game rather than a remake tbh but the remake has been satisfactory for me.
I am looking forward to it as well. Larian is a competent developer. And yes, I'd generally prefer new games to remakes but when most modern companies are apparently creatively bankrupt, what can you do other than shrug and try your best to enjoy it? I do hope the rumors I've heard of a new Final Fantasy are true.

I am looking forward to it as well. Larian is a competent developer. And yes, I'd generally prefer new games to remakes but when most modern companies are apparently creatively bankrupt, what can you do other than shrug and try your best to enjoy it? I do hope the rumors I've heard of a new Final Fantasy are true.
Spot on with the creatively bankrupt bit. I’m still one of the few “crazies” that would go insane at a Thief remake. You know, if it’s handled well. Thiaf was a mess and Blizzard has shown me that even if they try and wash away their sins by dangling an old, remade favourite in front of my nose, you can still somehow screw that up. :/

Serata

Spot on with the creatively bankrupt bit. I’m still one of the few “crazies” that would go insane at a Thief remake. You know, if it’s handled well. Thiaf was a mess and Blizzard has shown me that even if they try and wash away their sins by dangling an old, remade favourite in front of my nose, you can still somehow screw that up. :/
I'd definitely love a Thief remake. And yeah, Warcraft 3 Reforged was quite the disappointment. Hopefully they don't bungle their rumored Diablo 2 remaster quite as bad.

TheLoptr

My name is Loptr, I go online as the Demon King of Inferno. I'm into games with the most graphic violence, the best loot, the coolest weapons, and the most awesome stuff I can find in the gaming world. I am working on a novel of my own and have a Youtube channel which you can find if you type in Loptr, Demon King of Inferno in the search bar.

I'd definitely love a Thief remake. And yeah, Warcraft 3 Reforged was quite the disappointment. Hopefully they don't bungle their rumored Diablo 2 remaster quite as bad.
Guess we’ll see! Sort of tangential, but although the cornucopia of Halo on PC is great, they’ve been handling the ports rather poorly and they’re definitely rushed. My biggest current combo of hope/concern, though, is the Mafia remake.

Ty_McDK

Hi all. Had the site recommended by someone on Reddit. They said this was a sane version of ResetEra without the obsession on politics so here I am.

Grew up in the 90s playing on just consoles up right until about 5/6 years ago when I built my first PC, which has been an awesome experience. Still play on consoles mind, especially my Switch which is great.

Looking to have nice, calm discussions with people who aren't perpetually offended. Maybe even share some memes.

Clout

Welcome! It's nice to see the forums is growing fairly nicely and getting the attention it deserves.

iceyd

Hi Zach! Welcome to the community! What are some of your fave jrpgs?
Off the top of my head I'd say Vagrant Story, FFVII, and Bloodborne are definitely up top.

Recently finished Trials of Mana and currently playing Xenoblade remaster at the moment.

Brad P

Premium
Off the top of my head I'd say Vagrant Story, FFVII, and Bloodborne are definitely up top.

Recently finished Trials of Mana and currently playing Xenoblade remaster at the moment.
Welcome to JoyFreak, you have come to the best place, look foward to seeing you around the forums :)

Hey there, my name is Steven and I've been gaming since the late 80s. I've been a part of the community for NeoGAF/ResetERA since 2004.

The_Duckman

Cheers people.
Coming straight from reddit, seeking a place to speak freely about videogames with great people. I hope I'll find them here!
If there's a retrogaming community around here, I'd love to be pointed towards them. Old games are my gig, especially 5th and 6th gen!

Aries

Administrator
Cheers people.
Coming straight from reddit, seeking a place to speak freely about videogames with great people. I hope I'll find them here!
If there's a retrogaming community around here, I'd love to be pointed towards them. Old games are my gig, especially 5th and 6th gen!
Hi welcome! The Gaming Forum is suitable for that discussion, although you are free to create your own retro gaming community by adding the "Community" prefix to the thread.

FaceHugger

Cheers people.
Welcome, I love your avatar. If you decide to create a retro community I'll definitely participate.

Hello my name is Thomas of the 14th. I am a Gamer Content on Bitchute. I play various games from different systems and entertain others.

And I would like to thank Joy Freak for reaching me out while I showed a video.

corky43

77 years old gamer, Xbox one x, play mostly shooter games, but will try anything, now playing fallout 76 wastelanders, and COD modern warfare. retired college director/ instructor, USAF vet.

Hi guys! BitterSweetPixel here, love playing jrpg and japanese games in general like modern Nintendo. Lately I decided to buy the classic consoles to try out games from the 4th and 5th generation, I grew up with platformers/jumpandruns from the late 90's and early 00's so I have lots of classics to try out. At the same time I'm eyeing some western games to expand my horizons. Happy to share some of my thoughts later on here!

Hello, I'm Nols and I'm the main person who runs the Thrift E Gaming youtube channel. I enjoy tabletop gaming, particularly Warhammer 40k, and video games, particularly survival horror. My tastes are pretty eclectic and I enjoy finding weird and obscure bits of entertainment. I also dabble in writing and would like to turn that into a career at some point.

I'm Muhammad Ibrahim and I'm from Pakistan. I'm currently developing an FPS shooter game. I need support of you people. I haven't selected a specific name but most probably it will be called "Freedom At Last". It's a story based campaign game and also multiplayer. Can you guys spread my words and advertise my games ? I will give more details if I get further support. Thanks.

Klone 32

Hey folks, Klone here. I'm a long time tabletop rpg player, and create assets for Roll20. I'm also a long time PC gamer. Most recently, I started playing Minecraft, and intend to start releasing some YouTube content, build tutorials or "let's builds" mostly, once optifine is available for the new update. Graphic design is my main gig, but I'm what you'd call a jack of all trades.

Anyway, I was invited here via a message from u/joyfreakcom, and thought I'd come see what the community is like here.

Clout

Hey folks, Klone here. I'm a long time tabletop rpg player, and create assets for Roll20. I'm also a long time PC gamer. Most recently, I started playing Minecraft, and intend to start releasing some YouTube content, build tutorials or "let's builds" mostly, once optifine is available for the new update. Graphic design is my main gig, but I'm what you'd call a jack of all trades.

Anyway, I was invited here via a message from u/joyfreakcom, and thought I'd come see what the community is like here.
What tabletop games do you play? Welcome btw.

Klone 32

What tabletop games do you play? Welcome btw.
I've DMed 2e, 3.5, Pathfinder 1e, and Call of Cthulhu, amongst some other, lesser known systems. One of my favorites is Basic Fantasy, it's a great jumping off point for doing major homebrew systems. And thanks 😊

Clout

I've DMed 2e, 3.5, Pathfinder 1e, and Call of Cthulhu, amongst some other, lesser known systems. One of my favorites is Basic Fantasy, it's a great jumping off point for doing major homebrew systems. And thanks 😊
Call of Cthulhu is a good one, what platform do you play that on?

Brad P

Premium
Welcome Klone 32 Always wanted to try out a little homebrew but never had the patience to lol, look forward to seeing you around forums :)

Wily-Willis

Hey everyone, I was invited onto this forum a few days ago while posting on the KotakuInAction2 subreddit. I'm into strategy games, such as Total War and Paradox's stuff (particularly Crusader Kings), and appreciate open-ended RPGs as well. Historical, cyberpunk, fantasy, it doesn't really matter as long as the game's good - at the moment I just got off a Deus Ex binge that leaves me praying Cyberpunk 2077 won't be delayed any further. Glad to be here.

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Already have an account? Log in here.

Register

Create an account. It's fast, easy and completely free!

Top Bottom