How do you cope with game addiction?

I guess every individuals has a dream of it's own. The difference is the idea of implementation. Making each dream possible is a bit difficult for others. Since they don't have focus and direction. It's like saying "all of us has brain but not everyone has wisdom". It is always better to take things in moderation and take discipline in every possible way.

Of course, we should be careful, not of the game but of the manner of how we use the game. There are a lot of games that ruin people's time because the gamer himself doesn't know how to manage his time. I agree with those people who say that it's not the game's fault.

That's why it's important to keep yourself busy. You should do other tasks and be busy with your work or studies. You can go gaming if it's your free time. It's a matter of time management and self-control.

I think it is always better to take full responsibility of your actions. Anything that is excessive is bad. Games are just tools to be used and users should not make it an excuse that games is controlling us. We have brains that fully functions. We are able to know what is right from wrong. It is always an advantage to have discipline and wise enough to use the time properly.

Temptation is really hard to resist especially if you are so into it. For me, in order to cope with addiction is a matter of self-discipline. You should have a strong commitment in balancing your time for games. Set your priorities straight and don't let a game control your life. For starters, you could write a schedule of your day to day activities so that you could balance your time. You can still allocate a portion of your time for gaming since you could not easily snap away your addiction. Just make sure to stopped once the allocated time is over. Slowly, adjust your schedule until you could already live a day without playing games.

It s really a big problem for young kids now the addiction in gaming because we are now in the modern age of technology where every people have their own gadget to play some games. I guess that it is our main responsibility to set a limit on our selves while playing some games so that that we will not suffer in the end since it will be in our own hands on how to lessen or avoid addiction in gaming activities, since all that is too much is bad for us and for the society as well.
Yes, I am glad I broke my phone. ( Ha.Ha.Ha ) I don't have to worry and I am focus on my responsibility. Like I said, it's a temptation that's hard to resist. Games and gadgets is our comfort zone. It's probably difficult to discipline a mind who's into a state of addiction. Time will give a realization to a person unless he has a malfunctioned brain. I still believe on giving concerns for guidance and direction.

We must always know our limitations. As they always say, too much of everything is bad. We must not let a mere a game take control of our lives and we must always be responsible of our actions. We are all liable to our own decisions so whatever its consequences we must face it. Do not get succumb to the cyber fantasy the games you are playing have created. Always remember that there is still the real world out there no matter how difficult it is.

For me, your dreams are what makes keep going with your life. Though sometimes, we lose focus and direction our dreams will be our north star. It is just a matter of perseverance and dedication in order to achieve it.

i think it's an unavoidable topic in a gaming chat. Mostly everyone in this community are gamers, meaning they have insight, experience, and advi e foe game addiction. I believe it is a rampant issue nowadays, considering how everyone is enslaved by our gadgets one way or another.

Yeah very true. It really comes down to self control, time management and just having the motivation to strive on and make your dreams come true.

My dream was to be a professional gamer and get paid for doing something I loved. That didn't pan out so well. :( Now gaming is simply a source of entertainment for me. I wish I could play more often, but responsibilities get in the way.

People just need to learn a bit of self control and try to limit themselves to what they get into, take a break for a couple hours or maybe even a day or two.
I agree Lizardbro - it's all about self regulation.

Parents should be aware of their children's online interactions, and of course games as a main form , kids may believe that the game is real and they may even try to imitate what they see or fall victimes for the some bad people there . Also i think that the blame falls on adults who ignore their lives and responsabilities and get carried away by games or any other form of entertainment . On the other hand there is people who use hoobies- gaming included- as a way to escape reality or as a way to forget about their problems and their poor mental health so they end up falling on "the games addiction trap" and it may even end p as they trying to hurt themselves while what they really need was help .

This is basically what I was thinking. It is so sad, but some people have more addictive nature than others. If not gaming, they may be addicted to gambling, drugs or alcohol, or all four! :eek:

We must always know our limitations. As they always say, too much of everything is bad. We must not let a mere a game take control of our lives and we must always be responsible of our actions. We are all liable to our own decisions so whatever its consequences we must face it. Do not get succumb to the cyber fantasy the games you are playing have created. Always remember that there is still the real world out there no matter how difficult it is.

I think that's why gaming can be so appealing to some, because the "real" world can be too difficult and prickly at times. :(

I have a dream being a better streamer and make money. The make money part is important the reason being I have ton pay the bills for the time being spent on the gaming. I find it a bit harder if you ask me. Gaming does not always pays the fees and also it can be pretty expensive as a hobby.

Since you emphasized helping our children, I would simply suggest that parents be involved with their kids, and set appropriate rules and guidelines for playing games. A set amount of time per day, and if you find your child sneaking gaming in when they should be doing something else, like sleeping - turn off their access to the internet at night. It's easy to do.

I am a gamer, however, I go to work five days a week, work hard so that I can support my family. I perform household chores. I have a very normal life. gaming is not about forgetting everything or not living a regular life.

What ever we are doing, what we are actually seeking is happiness. Some people find happiness in watching movies or traveling, where as some people find happiness in playing games. However, we also have obligations in our life, we have to study, receive degrees so that we can have high paying jobs and cam earn well to life well.

i think it's an unavoidable topic in a gaming chat. Mostly everyone in this community are gamers, meaning they have insight, experience, and advi e foe game addiction. I believe it is a rampant issue nowadays, considering how everyone is enslaved by our gadgets one way or another.
maybe. I've just never seen people in any gaming forum bring it up. It almost seems unnatural to me.

Well, if you are already a grown-up adult, advices may not work as you already have your own mind. But, if it's for the kids, then, I guess, the best way would be to get the gadgets or text gaming consoles after their time limit in gaming. You always have to make sure that moderation is being observed.

I think it's not actually the game we should be careful with but rather how we allow it to influence our lives and behavior. If we allow it to dominate our time while overlooking responsibilities and relationships, that's where the evil comes in. Other than that, games are a form of entertainment and stress relief, so a minimal amount of time spent on it is quite okay.

I firmly believe that too much of something is really bad enough. We should me more mindful of the time we put on some things that can be beneficial to both ourselves and our life. Its true that gaming can be addictive but with moderation and should only be recreational. We can do more important things rather than over-spending our time to the things that really don't have good benefit to us.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back