We need to be careful

JMuriukitano

Well. to be honest gaming as a form of entertainment should add some value in our lives. This could be in different forms such as learning something new and of value. However, time and again people fall, victims of unwarranted vices, especially when they get addicted to some games. I mean, shouldn't we be careful in what games to purchase and play?

Alania

I never blame the product, but rather the user himself. One must have full control over his own actions...

For me, video games are just a hobby.

I mean... Of course I've had my addiction season, but I've never really changed the real world into the fantasy world. We all have to find our limits before we get into trouble.

bphlover

I agree with the comments above. We should know how to determine what's real and what's not or what is appropriate and what is not. We take full control of our lives and so, we have to consider all the possible consequences of an action before doing it.

jpk0007

Well, that is very true, we do need to be careful whenever we are doing any kind of online activity including the activity of online gaming. The significant thing about online games is that some games can be very interesting and one can get addicted to them very easily. There are games which promote violence and depressive behavior and such games should be strictly avoided. It always better to keep everything in moderation and never overdo anything to avoid getting addicted.

phanuruch

I believe the user should have himself at hand and understand their limits before jumping into anything entertainment. because they are many harmful and addictive forms of entertainment. While some of these are addictive to certain people due to biological and environmental issues, they may not be addictive to other people.

Lizardbro

People just need to learn a bit of self control and try to limit themselves to what they get into, take a break for a couple hours or maybe even a day or two.

Tehilah27

Hmmm if I want to learn something then I go Google it or watch a documentary. If I want to be entertained or just pass time then I play games. I don't believe it necessarily has to be intertwined all the time. I take solace in the fact that playing games stimulate the brain and leave it at that.

Bravosi

To a certain degree, I agree with you. But yet again, if the person is mentally strong no game will impact him.

Nova

I have heard that there are some of the terrorist groups that make use of games to recruit new candidates. Some even communicate using the game messengers and discord. So it can be pretty serious. Not just based on addiction stand point. Overall the gaming is going more serious these days.

Lizardbro

I have heard that there are some of the terrorist groups that make use of games to recruit new candidates. Some even communicate using the game messengers and discord. So it can be pretty serious. Not just based on addiction stand point. Overall the gaming is going more serious these days.
Wow, I had no idea that goes on. That is sort of terrifying and really shows we need to watch out backs.

egghead

Yes, we should be careful on what game we purchase and play. We should avoid games that are too violent. Research on human behavior has revealed that if you are exposed to good things, you do good, and if you are exposed to bad things, you do bad. That's why those who play violent games are very likely to go violent in real life.

Nova

Wow, I had no idea that goes on. That is sort of terrifying and really shows we need to watch out backs.
Yes there were some attacks in the europe that were planned through video games messengers and the discord communities. They used to talk in haiku and the other poetry. So it can be pretty scary considering we think they are being good people. And in reality that does not seem to be the case from what I have seen.

tpicks

I absolutely agree with you we should be careful with the types of games we buy most especially those we are getting for our children. Those games that show some forms of negative vices or characters in my views should be put away from kids.

Nova

Yes kids can be brainwashed and so do the adults. And it all needs the flow of thought that makes one comfortable. And another thing is that being careful requires some level of effort. I think on that note we have to be careful what people around you say and what you let those thoughts enter into you.

Lizardbro

Yes there were some attacks in the europe that were planned through video games messengers and the discord communities. They used to talk in haiku and the other poetry. So it can be pretty scary considering we think they are being good people. And in reality that does not seem to be the case from what I have seen.
Haiku? I got to say, they really are getting creative and more discrete.

houd

Parents should be aware of their children's online interactions, and of course games as a main form , kids may believe that the game is real and they may even try to imitate what they see or fall victimes for the some bad people there . Also i think that the blame falls on adults who ignore their lives and responsabilities and get carried away by games or any other form of entertainment . On the other hand there is people who use hoobies- gaming included- as a way to escape reality or as a way to forget about their problems and their poor mental health so they end up falling in "the games addiction trap" and they may even end up hurting themselves while what they really need was help .

Last edited:

theresajane

Of course, we should be careful, not of the game but of the manner of how we use the game. There are a lot of games that ruin people's time because the gamer himself doesn't know how to manage his time. I agree with those people who say that it's not the game's fault.

Jelineex

I think it is always better to take full responsibility of your actions. Anything that is excessive is bad. Games are just tools to be used and users should not make it an excuse that games is controlling us. We have brains that fully functions. We are able to know what is right from wrong. It is always an advantage to have discipline and wise enough to use the time properly.

charmania

We must always know our limitations. As they always say, too much of everything is bad. We must not let a mere a game take control of our lives and we must always be responsible of our actions. We are all liable to our own decisions so whatever its consequences we must face it. Do not get succumb to the cyber fantasy the games you are playing have created. Always remember that there is still the real world out there no matter how difficult it is.

Reactions: Bergstein

Bergstein

People just need to learn a bit of self control and try to limit themselves to what they get into, take a break for a couple hours or maybe even a day or two.
I agree Lizardbro - it's all about self regulation.

Parents should be aware of their children's online interactions, and of course games as a main form , kids may believe that the game is real and they may even try to imitate what they see or fall victimes for the some bad people there . Also i think that the blame falls on adults who ignore their lives and responsabilities and get carried away by games or any other form of entertainment . On the other hand there is people who use hoobies- gaming included- as a way to escape reality or as a way to forget about their problems and their poor mental health so they end up falling on "the games addiction trap" and it may even end p as they trying to hurt themselves while what they really need was help .
This is basically what I was thinking. It is so sad, but some people have more addictive nature than others. If not gaming, they may be addicted to gambling, drugs or alcohol, or all four! :eek:

We must always know our limitations. As they always say, too much of everything is bad. We must not let a mere a game take control of our lives and we must always be responsible of our actions. We are all liable to our own decisions so whatever its consequences we must face it. Do not get succumb to the cyber fantasy the games you are playing have created. Always remember that there is still the real world out there no matter how difficult it is.
I think that's why gaming can be so appealing to some, because the "real" world can be too difficult and prickly at times. :(

egghead

What ever we are doing, what we are actually seeking is happiness. Some people find happiness in watching movies or traveling, where as some people find happiness in playing games. However, we also have obligations in our life, we have to study, receive degrees so that we can have high paying jobs and cam earn well to life well.

Erika1358

I think it's not actually the game we should be careful with but rather how we allow it to influence our lives and behavior. If we allow it to dominate our time while overlooking responsibilities and relationships, that's where the evil comes in. Other than that, games are a form of entertainment and stress relief, so a minimal amount of time spent on it is quite okay.

Nova

I think we have to limit the gaming and also learn to set the boundary. Because addictions can go out of hand. And we never realize where things could take us. I have seen that to be true in many cases. So far from my experience it seems like there is going to be chance that we may not cope with things well as well.

Ash

As with a lot of things, you should be careful to not get addicted to it. However, I don't think you have to be careful with what games you play to try and control yourself. Enjoy yourself and play the games that you like to play. Try not to get stressed and don't take gaming too seriously. If you think you are getting addicted, try and control the time you spend playing games.