Was Twitch right to pull down visuals of a streamer breastfeeding her baby?

I do not understand why this was done on a public gaming platform? I have been on Twitch recently and I have seen 13 year olds on live streaming their games, I can only imagine other kids, who I am sure are younger than that, watching that stream? Imagine your kid coming to you and asking questions all because of a live stream. Twitch has a set of rules and they are within their right to enforce their policies.
My point is same. Using social justice excuse on one hand and breastfeeding or showing nudity to collect funds. That sounds like pure excuse of gender card. I mean you go on online streaming platform to breastfeed? Is that the type of content you wish to have on PG 13 streams? A lot of support streamer has gathered using social justice logic.

I do not understand why this was done on a public gaming platform? I have been on Twitch recently and I have seen 13 year olds on live streaming their games, I can only imagine other kids, who I am sure are younger than that, watching that stream? Imagine your kid coming to you and asking questions all because of a live stream. Twitch has a set of rules and they are within their right to enforce their policies.

Good grief young man. Twitch was in the wrong here. It is nothing to be ashamed of and they should not have to hide it. You think of breasts as sex objects because your animal hind brain associates breasts with child-rearing suitability. But the truth is they are not sex objects at all - they are biologically integrated drink dispensers. You are the one who was fooled here. If seeing boobs or children breastfeeding was harmful our species would not exist. This woman wasn't flashing the world with a private strip show, she was feeding a child mother's milk. Grow up.

Also, by 13 years of age you no longer are in control of what your young adult children see day by day. I'm pretty sure I had seen my first real boobs by that age. I mean, I'm not going to sit here and tell you how to raise your children - but you are lying to yourself if you think you can or should shelter a 13 year old from knowing what breasts really do.

My point is same. Using social justice excuse on one hand and breastfeeding or showing nudity to collect funds. That sounds like pure excuse of gender card. I mean you go on online streaming platform to breastfeed? Is that the type of content you wish to have on PG 13 streams? A lot of support streamer has gathered using social justice logic.

This is not about social justice, no one is playing the gender card here. This is part of life for a Mother of a young child. They get hungry and want to eat weather you're playing a game or not. Why should they have to stop gaming just because they've got a kid? If a Mom can game while breastfeeding that kind of implies a higher skill level IMO

Good grief young man. Twitch was in the wrong here. It is nothing to be ashamed of and they should not have to hide it. You think of breasts as sex objects because your animal hind brain associates breasts with child-rearing suitability. But the truth is they are not sex objects at all - they are biologically integrated drink dispensers. You are the one who was fooled here. If seeing boobs or children breastfeeding was harmful our species would not exist. This woman wasn't flashing the world with a private strip show, she was feeding a child mother's milk. Grow up.

I totally understand where you are coming from - however, how is Twitch in the wrong for enforcing their own set of guidelines?

I totally understand where you are coming from - however, how is Twitch in the wrong for enforcing their own set of guidelines?

Try to see this from her point of view. I don't even use Twitch but if I did and was in the middle of a game, baby wanted to nurse you're telling me to logoff, put the controller down and go to my room. This is discrimination. If that makes you uncomfortable I'm sorry, I really don't want to go SJW here because they really suck at getting their point across. So please rather than listen to some lecture on privilege (or not listen to it) just think of it as a teammember you're voting to kick. Not because they're not being good players, but because of a baby. Ultimately you're saying women with kids can't play, which might as well be saying women can't play.

Twitch's rule exists so their lawyers can exclude liability, the legalese needs a loophole for mothers breastfeeding or we are shunning Motherhood and taking a step back from the top of the food chain. I'd like my daughters to enjoy this hobby the way I did growing up.

This is not about social justice, no one is playing the gender card here. This is part of life for a Mother of a young child. They get hungry and want to eat weather you're playing a game or not. Why should they have to stop gaming just because they've got a kid? If a Mom can game while breastfeeding that kind of implies a higher skill level IMO
This is social justice crap. Nobody goes to stream breast feeding on streaming platform. No way this is defend-able nor justifiable. If you want to breastfeed, turn off feed and do your work. No need to show entire world that. Same goes with twitch thottery for donation.

This is social justice crap. Nobody goes to stream breast feeding on streaming platform. No way this is defend-able nor justifiable. If you want to breastfeed, turn off feed and do your work. No need to show entire world that. Same goes with twitch thottery for donation.

Wrong. I'm not an SJW, I don't know anything about you except that you have some strange ideas / perhaps incomplete understanding of human anatomy. I am a husband and a Father. I'm not here to check your "privilege". I've stated my opinion, which comes from experience. If you were speaking from experience we would not be having an argument about what women get to do with their own boobs. Here's what I will tell you, and you're free to listen and understand but I'm not going to argue further about it: It really does not cost you anything to tolerate a woman nursing her child in at least respectful silence, and she should not have to do it in a way you find acceptable.

Let me step in for a second.
This thread is getting a little too heated, and some of the posts are borderline personal attacks against other users.
Everyone in this thread is free to state their opinion, but they should do it in a way that doesn't bash other users. Please keep that in mind.

Let me step in for a second.
This thread is getting a little too heated, and some of the posts are borderline personal attacks against other users.
Everyone in this thread is free to state their opinion, but they should do it in a way that doesn't bash other users. Please keep that in mind.
No way in any angle my post was personal attack towards anyone if you check entire thread. I stated what needs to be stated. Unless ofcourse your bias to the OP case comes in between your judgement of what stands for personal attacks to what are my posts and what I said.

It really does not cost you anything to tolerate a woman nursing her child in at least respectful silence, and she should not have to do it in a way you find acceptable.
Public streams are not for breastfeeding, nursing, thottery showcase in the excuse of being woman. Game streams are supposed to be games and gameplay not nursing, feeding, etc. especially on PG 13 places.

Wrong. I'm not an SJW, I don't know anything about you except that you have some strange ideas
Look your first post here screams of SJW tone especially the ending part. I don't even want to continue further considering today in this millennial feelings era and age SJW arguments are glorified and supported. So I am on the lower ground here. So yeah ignore me and my rants on the opposite side.

My 2 cents. And over for me.

Father of 3 here and I'd like to set the record straight on this, if my infant daughter will let me type for a minute, that is. Anyone who is coming down on this woman for feeding her child or *gasp* seeing a real life boob or even part of one for a minute or two in their lives need to take a pill and chill out. Look, the OP topic went there, so let's talk about breastfeeding for a minute and why it is more important than your extremely odd discomfort with real life breasts - although I'd like to address that point in order of importance - last.
This. It's probably hard for people who have no children to understand. If I had to stop streaming every single time that I had to do something for my daughter, I'd never get to do it. My regular viewers are used to it and think it's funny.

While I don't have an issue with women breastfeeding in public, I definitely understand Twitch taking the stream down. There are set rules as far as most streaming services are concerned that must be followed.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back