VGC: Capcom is working on a Resident Evil 4 Remake

Maddox

Trophies
. Following its reimaginings of Resident Evil 2 and 3, multiple development sources have told VGC that the Resident Evil 4 remake has now entered full production with an estimated release window in 2022.

Development is being led by Osaka-based M-Two, the new studio founded by former PlatinumGames head Tatsuya Minami, which has been preparing for the project since 2018

I was a fan of how RE Darkside Cronicles elaborated on the the Steve and Claire story line (RE Code Veronica). After hearing about the RE4 remake I'm surprised they werent interested in reimagining Steve's Story in some kind of way, i believe he's alive more or less in some sorta of mutated form post Darkside.

I made a thread about it earlier.

I don't see the point in Capcom remaking a game that's A, only 15 years old, and B, fine as it is. I'm not overly keen on RE4 anyway.

I'm not sure how I feel about this as of yet. RE2 was and still is my favorite, but RE4 set a new standard. Not sure it needs a full on remake as of yet. As some have said, why not do RE1 as a full remake instead of just an HD Remaster, or even Code Veronica?

I'm also wondering if CV will be entirely skipped. If they do that, it will be incredibly pointless to have remade the other games, if they decide not to go anywhere with the story. ?

It's sad, though. CV is the actual follow up to RE2, but so many fans overlook that fact. Because when RE3 came out, certain people considered it as a side story. So Capcom, what the hell, man? :(

Can't wait for this remake to come out and see what kinds of improvements or changes besides better graphics. Original fan of all the RE games but March 2023 is still a long ways. :)

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back