Uri Geller allows printing of Kadabra Pokemon on cards again

uri-geller-kadabra.jpg

Uri Geller, the spoon-bending magician, has given Nintendo and The Pokemon Company permission to print Kadabra Pokemon cards after a 20 year ban.

Geller said on Twitter:
I am truly sorry for what I did 20 years ago. Kids and grownups I am releasing the ban. It’s now all up to [Nintendo] to bring my [Kadabra] [Pokemon] card back. It will probably be one of the rarest cards now! Much energy and love to all!

Geller started legal proceedings against Nintendo back in 2000, alleging that Nintendo used his license for Kadabra or as Japan calls it, Yungerer (or Yun Geller or Yungeller).

Geller told the BBC back in 2020:
Nintendo turned me into an evil, occult Pokémon character. Nintendo stole my identity by using my name and my signature image.

Geller is known for his “ability” to bend spoons with his mind. He’s also known for failing to do so during an appearance on The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson back in 1973 (clip found below).

Nintendo and The Pokemon Company have yet to confirm that Kadabra cards are back in production. We’ll keep you informed as more is known.

Good on him for giving up his rather pointless ban on a Pokemon card, at long last, but I'd have to wager the vast majority didn't even know who he was until this act, or that Kadabra was in any way based on him. So, essentially, all he's done by going so public about this, is lined himself up for derision from a whole new generation of Pokemon fans.

wow, how did they ever get legal power to prevent the cards from being made?

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back