Unreal Engine 4.25 supports PS5, Xbox Series X, Production-Ready Niagara, Ray Tracing

Tek

Trophies
For game developers, this is the first release with initial support for Sony’s PlayStation 5 and Microsoft’s Xbox Series X as first-class platforms, and throughout the year we will be updating the 4.25-Plus branch with optimizations, fixes, and certification requirements to support developers launching on the next generation of consoles. Features include platform-specific functionality, such as new audio advancements, initial support for online subsystems, and early support for TRC and XR certification requirements.

Unreal+Engine%2Fblog%2Funreal-engine-4-25-released%2FNext_gen_logo_V1-1920x1080-134c9c7216b54beac9253402c8b3d002c99e639c.png

The Fortnite team has been battle-testing Niagara VFX and Chaos physics, and these feature sets are now in use in currently shipping seasons of the game. Niagara is now production-ready, with a polished new UI and signficant performance and stability improvements. There are also a host of new features, including the ability to create complex, large-scale particle effects such as flocking and chains, and to have particles react to music or other audio sources—all in real time.

Meanwhile, we’re continuing to progress the Chaos physics and destruction system, and we’re happy to say that with this release, Chaos supports destruction, static mesh dynamics with collisions, cloth, hair, rigid-body skeletal control for items such as ponytails, and scene queries. There’s still more to come in future releases.

Finally, with this release, real-time ray tracing is now also officially production-ready! From games, films, and broadcast to automotive and architectural visualization, ray tracing enables you to achieve new levels of believability in your real-time projects.

Unreal+Engine%2Fblog%2Funreal-engine-4-25-released%2FSenua_ray-tracing_1920-1920x1080-22bde4e7926615faafbf57a10cc93d6d9781aaff.jpg

This is one of the powerful engine that has been pumping out some good console and the PC games. I wonder if they have the mobile engine.It'd be interesting to see released mobile games like those.

This is one of the powerful engine that has been pumping out some good console and the PC games. I wonder if they have the mobile engine.It'd be interesting to see released mobile games like those.

I doubt this could run on mobile, things would have to be tone down or mobile would have to get a lot more stronger components in them.

This look absolutely insane!

Here's the tech demo running on PS5 -

I doubt this could run on mobile, things would have to be tone down or mobile would have to get a lot more stronger components in them.
With ASUS ROG phone and the BlackShark, that would be possible to run the games made with this engine. Though I think require even better processor and not just RAM that can solve this.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back