Ubisoft's Hyper Scape battle royale FPS confirmed

ubisofts-hyper-scape-battle-royale-fps-confirmed.jpg

Ubisoft's Hyper Scape is a futuristic, free-to-play battle royale first-person shooter (FPS) that looks similar to Ready Player One, Tron and The Hunger Games.

It's set to release in the next few months across “consoles and PC” — we’re assuming PS4 and Xbox One, Hyper Scape is set in a dystopic future circa 2054, where most are poor and some choose to fight for a boost to their status.

Prisma Dimensions, the mega-corp already seen in the leaked information that came earlier this week, has set up the virtual city of Neo-Arcadia for the big event, pitting players against one another in an attempt to either kill everyone else or walk away wearing a crown that spawns near the end of a match.

ubisofts-hyper-scape-battle-royale-fps-confirmed-1.jpg

Ubisoft calls it “a fresh take on battle royale” and will introduce some variation to the genre. First, the game's characters won’t have special abilities but will rather access “game-changing hacks” found all over the map. Finding a hack and using it will allow players to become invisible, identify mines, and more.

With regards to weaponry, a fusion system will let you pick up the same type of weapon you’re carrying and combine them, upgrading the weapon itself. Not only does this make you more powerful, but it also removes a weapon that an opponent could pick up.

The other final change is that players who get killed will be able to respawn as an Echo where you will not be able to take part in the combat but will be able to ping a revival source (aka, still-alive opponent). If that pinged source expires, you’ll be able to turn that into an opportunity to jump back in the game.

ubisofts-hyper-scape-battle-royale-fps-confirmed-2.jpg

Hyper Scape has a unique attribute called Crowncast which integrated the game with Twitch. Those watching Hyper Scape games will be able to “vote on game-changing events that affect all contenders live” — such as decreased gravity, increased player speed, and more. Not only will you be able to impact the games, but those spectating will also be earning points towards their own in-game Battle Passes.

Hyper Scape heads to PS4, Xbox One and Windows PC this winter. A technical test is on offer in some regions.

ubisofts-hyper-scape-battle-royale-fps-confirmed-3.jpgubisofts-hyper-scape-battle-royale-fps-confirmed-4.jpgubisofts-hyper-scape-battle-royale-fps-confirmed-5.jpgubisofts-hyper-scape-battle-royale-fps-confirmed-6.jpgubisofts-hyper-scape-battle-royale-fps-confirmed-9.jpg

I remember when this was leaked by Slasher and a lot of people thought this was an interesting concept - I thought it was an extremely cool idea too! Voting on game-changing events is a real game-changer (pardon the pun, heh heh.)
In any case, this is extremely cool and I will almost certainly try and grab it on launch day!

I watched a random streamer play this yesterday and while the game visually looks interesting the overall gameplay and pace looks way beyond my league haha.

Like I’m kinda bummed out it’s a mega fast shooter since there’s no way I’m lasting longer than a minute before someone does a air jump to snipe me.

Do we really need more Battle Royale games lol? I'm willing to have a look at the gameplay and see whether it is good or not but I doubt I will get it. Warzone is currently my favourite BR right now but I don't even play that one much

This sounds interesting, a different take on BR. I'd probably give it a go.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back