News Ubisoft's former staff talk about devs trying to put explicit rape and torture scenes in

Clout

Trophies

Honestly, I'm shocked. What hell is wrong with Ubisoft!?

They really tried to put rape and torture scenes into their games? Holy crap. That's just awful, I have no other way to describe it.

We will have to wait and see proof for that. I mean if this were to be real the company will go through trial and the lawsuit. Unless backed by proof I can't believe this anymore. Too many twitter accusations have been proven wrong in the past. But yeah if it is even real it is messed up a lot.

I don't mind things like rape and torture being in games because those things happen in the real world, but being playable aspects? Like hit X here to, I don't know, stop a man from penetrating you? What kind of warped designer would even come up with such a vile idea?

I don't mind things like rape and torture being in games because those things happen in the real world, but being playable aspects? Like hit X here to, I don't know, stop a man from penetrating you? What kind of warped designer would even come up with such a vile idea?
Yeah, to include things like that would be ridiculous and there's no way it'd pass in any respect. Even before the present PC culture we live in, forcible rape scenes would never have been acceptable. Yes, we had games like Custer's Revenge WAY back when, but that was a third party indie release and would never have made it onto any mainstream platform today. It's just a do-not-touch situation, even if it does happen in real life (I do agree that the subject being in games generally is fine, but interactive? No way!).

damn that pretty gnarly. a playable rape scene is too much, geez. the person who animated that probably have PTSD or is a sick fuck

Im someone who sees Ubisoft as a left-leaning company cause of how hand fisted their message diversity is and how employees of Ubisoft act. A good example was the weird backlash one of the AC games got for not having a women character, came out of nowhere. Or when Nintendo showed super Mario odyssey and one of the Latina devs had a bitch fit on twitter about Mario wearing a sombrero and poncho.

I know this is kinda heartless to say but of course, the company that appears left-leaning and pushes diversity in the workplace and in its games have sexual and racial problems. this has happened many times before(ie neo gaf LUL). virtue signaling is the ultimate sign of miss treatment to me.

A number of non-AAA games did just that a multitude of times and the general feedback from what i've bothered to read through about such games with such features is that it's nothing out of the ordinary. But then again this is in the nsfw game sphere; the realm where your "standard affair" involves tentacles. So it's not the best example to use here but its the closest I got. So, i'll just say what I usually say in response to such games with such features: "As long as its got a "contains rape" tag on it an no real person is really being violated against their will in the product then I simply don't care."

So in my eyes as long as the product got rated M or rated A then I don't see the issue here from a personal standpoint. From a business stand point I do understand the thought process quite easily cause as a major corp that's got ties an got to meet quota's. they'll have to remove such scenes that the general populous would find too 'iffy' especially to advertisers. so of-course they'll remove such things.

damn that pretty gnarly. a playable rape scene is too much, geez.
I am pretty much sure this is exaggerated. like say every game like say SIM or GTA also has means for the intercourse and it can get into the rape which is not hard. I am sure this has been blown out of the proportion. You never know the type of the SJW titles and the news clickbaits.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back