Ubisoft next-gen games will cost the same as current-gen

ubisoft-next-gen-games-will-cost-the-same-as-current-gen.jpg

Ubisoft current-gen games will cost the same for next-gen games, the publisher has confirmed.

In a recent investors’ call, CEO Yves Guillemot said:
For the Christmas games, we plan to come with the same price as the previous generation of consoles. That’s what we’re focused on at the moment.

Titles like Assassin’s Creed Valhalla and Watch Dogs Legion will offer free upgrade paths between current-gen and next-gen consoles, so you’ll only need to one version of the game.

The confirmation was given in the same investors’ call that outlined the publisher’s new 5-point plan to tackle sexual harassment.

Watch Dogs Legion heads to PS4, Xbox One, Stadia and Windows PC October 29; followed by a PS5 and Xbox Series X and PS5 release when available. Assassin’s Creed Valhalla follows on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Stadia and Windows PC via Uplay & Epic Games Store,

They did say "this fall" when announcing this. So I wonder how long they will keep games at $60 because it will definitely increase the moment other developers do the same.

They're probably going to wait for another publisher to do it first and then follow them after the "outrage" dies down a bit

I can't see myself paying £70 for a game I can't see many other people doing it to be honest not in the current climate at least

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back