Ubisoft Connect makes me MAD!

Shagger

Trophies
Earlier this evening, I thought, "I haven't played Assassin's Creed Odyssey in a while, I think I might just re-install it and give it a go". Given the install size, I had to remove a couple of games giving myself plenty of room for the game and any updates it might install. I originally bought the game from the Epic Game Store (After a combination of sale prices and coupons, It ended up being quite the steal.), so naturally I use the EGS launcher to install the game. A couple of hours later, I start the game and Ubisoft's launcher Ubisoft Connect opens up. That's OK, I expected that, but then Ubisoft Connect prompts me to install the game, all 100+GB of it, all over again!

It turns out Ubisoft Connect does not recognise the EGS install of the game. Why? Because when EGS installs the game, the game is listed as "AssassinsCreedOdyssey" without spaces, but Uplay installs the game under a file called "Assassins Creed Odyssey" with spaces. I am not kidding, that is why Ubisoft Connect couldn't recognise the game was already installed! I understand Ubisoft wanting to verify a digital game copy, but this is just plain stupid. This isn't an indigenous problem with this game either, it happens with others. I read a Reddit post from somebody who had the exact same problem with AC Syndicate.

Thankfully, I didn't actually have to install the game all over again as Ubisoft Connect does have a feature that allows you to tell the launcher whare the game files are and verify them, but that was still a full 20 minutes waiting for it to do so for no good reason.

I don't know if the same thing happens if you install and launch Ubisoft games through Steam (If somebody can confirm, please do so), but this is why nobody wants to have to buy a game through one platform, then have to link it and run it through another. EA makes you do the same thing when you install EA games through Gamepass, for example, but to thier credit at least that works without any stupid bullshit like this. I wouldn't put it past companies like Ubisoft and EA to make this whole process deliberately inconvenient just so people will use thier own launchers instead of EGS, the Xbox Windows App or Steam.

Anyway, rant over. I just wanted to put this out there in hope this might see others avoid the same problem.

Last edited:
I had a similar issue when I purchased Watch Dogs Legion on Epic Games. Ubisoft Connect would sometimes not connect or disconnect when trying to play, and then the DLC for it would give me an unrecogized error message.
I had to keep uninstalling the game and reinstalling. Sometimes the DLC would work for a bit then stop and kick me off as well as in the middle of the game without the DLC.
I purchased it from Epic Games because of the holiday sale.

I had a similar issue when I purchased Watch Dogs Legion on Epic Games. Ubisoft Connect would sometimes not connect or disconnect when trying to play, and then the DLC for it would give me an unrecogized error message.
I had to keep uninstalling the game and reinstalling. Sometimes the DLC would work for a bit then stop and kick me off as well as in the middle of the game without the DLC.
I purchased it from Epic Games because of the holiday sale.

I wouldn't surprise me to find you had problems for the a similarly stupid reason as I did. Epic and Ubisoft, maybe should have coordinated a little, here.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back