News U.S. COVID-19 vaccinations fall short of target of 20 million people

Miles

Trophies
Only about 2.8 million Americans had received a COVID-19 vaccine going into the last day of December, putting the United States far short of the government’s target to vaccinate 20 million people this month.
Shots are reaching nursing home residents at an even slower pace than others first in line even though they are most at risk of dying of the virus.
Even as the number of doses distributed neared the goal of reaching 20 million people, the pace of actual vaccinations has been far slower than anticipated, according to CDC data.

Local public heath officials told Reuters that the lack of federal funding for vaccine distribution has prevented them from hiring needed staff.
“We know that it should be better and we are working hard to make it better,” Operation Warp Speed chief adviser Dr. Moncef Slaoui said on a media briefing.

U.S. vaccinations of the country’s 21 million healthcare workers began on Dec. 14. Inoculations of the country’s 3 million nursing home residents, who are also in the first priority group, shortly followed.

I am about to receive my vaccine this week. However, I have a very big queue rn. And it is sooo boring and exciting to wait at the same time, heh :D

Hopefully, I have computer games and my friends. Even though we all are far-far away from each other. But this factor does not interfere with our wish to play WOW and (but this is secret) use special boosters in order to save our own time. Yeah, I know that can be a bit "cheaty", but who cares?

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back